Is it possible to change teams?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddie, Oct 13, 2019.

1. squi guy

squi guy Squier-Meister

Jan 5, 2019
    North Canton,Ohio
    I too am a long time Browns fan and was finished when Modell moved the team to Baltimore, but crawled back for a casual look see when they returned in'99. But over those last 20 years the team has been bad, and at times, very bad. I've been watching casually this season as the hype got to me, however ,same ol Browns and subsequently I've been doing other, more productive stuff during NFL Sundays (playing more bass!!)

I'm further disgusted with the impending return of Kareem Hunt to this team, the guy who was seen kicking a woman in a hotel lobby a few years back. The NFL should start banning these players from ever playing again, rewarding these guys by allowing them to play again after criminal behavior is unacceptable to me, aren't they supposed to be role models of sorts, apparently not. The NFL should be ashamed, but, money talks.

2. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    I choose the Teams I like by their Logo, Red Skins, Saints, Raiders.

strat_strummer and dbrian66 like this.
  3. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Been a fan of the Cowboys and will probably die a Cowboys fan, I was a little kid watching the Cowboys play on a Black and White snowy TV back when they played their first game on TV. To many memories :)

Eddie and dbrian66 like this.
  4. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    I gave up on my local team (the Falcons) years ago. They’re like a cheating girlfriend. They broke my heart 1 too many times. Most Sundays are spent with Mrs. JWB now. I’m still a die hard UGA fan. I’m kinda miffed with them after the debacle this past Saturday :mad:

Eddie, SubSailer671 and dbrian66 like this.
  5. Birddog144

Birddog144 Squier-holic

Apr 24, 2015
    South Oceanside, CA
    I quit watching football back in 1982 when the already overpaid (in my opinion) players went on strike, giving we the fans, the big middle finger. That was right about the same time I quit watching TV. When I pay to see dancing monkeys (NFL, NBL, MLB, NHL. Hollywood, network TV, you name it), I don't want to hear about their personal political views, I just want to see them dance. I'm glad I left.

Eddie, squi guy, SubSailer671 and 2 others like this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I think I'm gonna end my season about now. Gonna enjoy my Sundays with some short road trips in this beautiful Fall weather. I love the change of seasons, and I love getting out for drives.

No more NFL for this year. Wasting too much time sitting at home staring at the idiot box.

7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Innnn... West Philadelphia, born and raised? Lol... You ARE pretty fresh, prince... Lol...

Chubbles, Eddie and Davis Sharp like this.
  8. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sometimes it seems like there are as many Cowboy fans in the DC area as there are Redskins fans.

Eddie likes this.
  9. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    @Eddie - are you jumping ship because they’re not so great right now. Team owners are almost universally abhorrent people - is Jerry any worse than, say, Bob Kraft? People will accuse you of being a fair weather fan...some people take this seriously.

When we were growing up in NY the local teams stunk and the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers were wildly popular. I used to watch all the Jet and Giant games and I liked the Giants colors more, so I grabbed onto them.

I don’t like it when teams I like sign domestic abusers.

A few years ago I stopped caring so much. There was no reason or event, apart from my teams being terrible. I realized that my life really isn’t made any better or worse by the result of a sporting event. Ok, I will smile a little wider if the Yankees are eliminated from the playoffs...just because of the many fans I have to hear gloat every day about their illustrious history.

Eddie likes this.
  10. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    Gotta go with the Packers tonight....:)

Eddie likes this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Hard to stay serious with the Cowboys after watching the owner/GM make mistake after mistake after mistake. Each year selling the fans a line of horse manure. At least Bob Kraft allows his football people to make football decisions. Jerry Jones wants a coach he can control ... and enjoys running the team like his own personal fantasy football squad.

I think the best way I can protest is by not watching. If viewership is down, maybe he'll realize it's a sign that it's time for him to hit the pasture. Then again, we have his idiot son up next. Football teams should not be run like dictatorial monarchies with family succession.

12. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

To be honest, the college games are just more fun to watch. And being from Carolina, that's the best we have.

13. FhPudd

FhPudd Squier-Meister

Nov 28, 2012
    Pa.
    I think I might want to switch too. ... Steelers fan here. :( But if I root for someone else around here..I could get beat up and I’m already sporting one big black eye. :cool:

14. Eddie … I'm just glad you're talking about sports when "switching teams".:D Cheers, Barrie.

15. tortuga

tortuga Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Here
    Fair disclosure...I’ve never been interested in sports or understood how people can care who wins a game...but I find it even more of a mystery that anyone can care when teams trade players and move from one city to another. Its just a business. How can any fan accuse another of being disloyal or a fair weather fan when the whole thing is just a bunch of contrived fake tribalism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Jackson likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice