In Montreal and trying to choose a Squier

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Garven, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Garven

Garven Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2019
    Montreal, Canada
    How do you like the standard? I picked one up briefly at a store a couple of weeks ago and it felt ok, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to really get into it.

Eddie likes this.
  2. Garven

Garven Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2019
    Montreal, Canada
    The quest is over (for now). I found a beautiful CV 50's sunburst Strat yesterday and I'm delighted with it. Such a pleasure to play! I tried it at the store along with a CV BSB Tele but the Strat just felt better to me. I did like the bridge pickup sound on the Tele a lot but it just didn't feel quite as comfortable as the Strat. I'll pick up a Tele some other time.

Caddy, squierbilly, Pat V. and 3 others like this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Fantastic. Post some pictures when you get a chance. :)

squierbilly and Pat V. like this.
  4. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Where did you finally find it ?

5. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    First off, welcome to SquierTalk! Congrats on gettin back into the swing of things... And Happy New Strat Day! I think you'll find that us SquierNuts are very helpful, laid-back people... And for the most part, I've found that the folks here are extremely knowledgeable, and willing to help... I've said it so many times, but when I got here about a year ago, even though I had been playing for 20+years, I couldn't even properly change my own strings, and now I've completely re-built guitars from the ground up, including the finish... Just about all of us mod to some degree, and since Squiers are so affordable, and so easy to mod to your liking, most of us own multiple... If you ever have a question, don't hesitate to post or message me, or one of the other guys around here...
    We love our "NGD" (New Guitar Day) posts, and we love seeing pics! (Pics or it didn't happen!)
    Welcome aboard, hoss! And when ya get the chance, I'm sure the guys and I would love to see that 50's CV Strat... I've got one of the '50's CV Teles in vintage blonde (with the Alnico IIIs) and it's easily the best guitar I've ever owned... Oh, and Happy early retirement, too! I think you'll fit in just fine around here... Just make sure ya don't spell Squier wrong, or go putting Fender decals on your Squier, lol... Those are about the only "taboos" around here...

Pat V. likes this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Just a couple pics of "the girls"... With everyone here's help, I have some amazing playing and sounding instruments... IMG_20190204_091031765.jpg

squierbilly and Pat V. like this.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    And this was my very first "mod"... It started life as a 3 color sunburst (yawn, lol), and with they guy's help I literally replaced ever part... IMG_20190204_090430795.jpg

squierbilly, Pat V. and DrBeGood like this.
  8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That's a beautiful sight, right there! Lol... Buddy Holly would be proud! Lol... So, two questions; What all are you playing on that gorgeous Strat? And what kind of guitar is that behind the Yamaha?

Garven likes this.
  9. Garven

Garven Squier Talker

Jan 28, 2019
    Montreal, Canada
    Not playing a lot so far. I'm just trying to get back into playing again, mostly for my own enjoyment and a bit of home recording.

Behind the Yamaha RGX211M is an old Washburn Hawk I bought back in 1980. It's been beat around a bit over the years but it's very much like a double-cutaway Les Paul with Super Distortion pickups. I intend to do some work on it (graphtech nut and saddles, new electronics, some parallel/series switching. For now though I'm focusing on the Squier and getting some chops back.

SquierTap likes this.
  10. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    That sunburst 50's CV Strat is my favorite Squier Strat. Beautiful, congrats!

Garven and SquierTap like this.