I'm expecting a big Memorial day Sale at Musicians Friend/GC...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by billyb, May 18, 2020.

1. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    No $1200 in my account. :(

2. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Good luck contacting MF if you need return approval, they don't answer the phone or the "chat line". I finally got a response via email regarding a warranty issue, and I was told that they would have someone get back to me in a few weeks...

3. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016

Well it looks like you're at least batting .500 as there is a SDOTH today as you somewhat predicted.

However, still no big sale.

I'm wondering why but I'm thinking MF, Guitar Center, et al just are not set up to handle the extra personnel needed. Of course GC still has many of its stores closed (mine opened recently just for curbside pickup but is putting its used guitars back on the web site) but you still need a full online crew to handle the orders, the shipping, etc. I'm saying that because maybe GC could have limited the sale to online deals only.

Another reason may be because of an uncertainty about the public's buying priorities right now, even with many having the surplus checks. But many probably have already spent theirs.

I do think, however, that the upcoming 4th of July may provide a better .... and a bigger ... chance for these sales. I've always thought the July even was a bigger deal than either the Memorial or Labor Day deals, but that is just me.

I'm hoping by then the world will be back ... or at least .... closer to normalcy.

billyb likes this.
  4. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

Prymaxe.com is doing a 25% off sale. There's more out there other than GC & MF.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  5. billyb

billyb Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2018
    Central Michigan
    Prymaxe doesn't seem to carry Squiers or Yamahas...

6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I just got a phone call from a sales guy at Musician's Friend. No high pressure, just a "we haven't heard from you for a while" call. I asked him how they're doing with all the virus stuff and he said they're busy. Maybe that's just what he was told to say. He seemed a little uneasy, like he didn't enjoy being asked to make the call, laughing nervously when I'd say something like "I hear our local Guitar Center is having trouble, so I'm glad you guys are busy." He didn't have any big sale announcement either.

Edit: I just tried to sign in to my MF account and the "sign in" button is greyed out so I can't click it.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  7. billyb

billyb Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2018
    Central Michigan
    Meh...
    Maybe 4th of July will be better...IDK :(
    I still say that they missed an opportunity this weekend though!

8. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    My theory is they have been doing quite well the past few months and saw no need for any grand sales. However, I do think an uncertain future may change everything. Stay tuned for further updates.