if you had say OVER a thousand dollars what strat would you buy.

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by gary mitchell, Feb 8, 2020.

1. VanHalenRules

VanHalenRules Squier Talker

Mar 6, 2019
    New York
    First I'd get the Fender player mustang that they have on the site right now for 600$, and I'd order a white seymour duncan hot rail (strat) for the bridge. Also would grab some white pot knobs.
    Mustang pic.png

Then I'd order a squier strat to turn into an Eddie Van Halen frankenstrat replica. And some parts to do so.
    Strat pic.png

And that's it.

2. Jmv668

Jmv668 Squier-Nut

Feb 21, 2017
    Chile
    A red one with maple neck and gold stuff like The Shadows.
    F3127D26-DB3E-4E8E-9C6F-92975984CB2F.jpeg

3. pawnshopstrat

pawnshopstrat New Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    I would try to find Jack Pearson and ask him if he was interested in selling one of his Squier Strats. "Not less than $1,000, Jack!"

4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    That BM ST62 is further proof that Fender Japan gets it right more than Fender USA does, because they do the custom colors in the nice dark versions that look like they did when originally released in the 50s and 60s, while Fender USA does them in the faded and yellowed versions that those guitars now look like after 50 or 60 years, instead of what they looked like when new.

5. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Meister

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
  6. Maplelover

Maplelover Squier Talker

Nov 28, 2014
    Akron,Oh
    don't see any out there, I've had probably 20 since 1973 ('63 shoreline gold/ gold hdwr) The ones I have satisfy me best, and these are parts casters with CS shop pu's electronics, etc, left 54 CS pickups, green has CS Fat 50's and an old Gibson HB..I learned how to do the lacquer paint jobs , both done by me. Dscn0562.jpg

Bothand Nether likes this.
  7. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    I've been contemplating this thread for more than a week now, right? My honest answer is that if I had a grand to spend on a Stratocaster I'd buy a Les Paul.

8. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    I would never spend 1000 dollars on a guitar. The one I play the most cost like 110 bucks. Ive had way too many cheap ones pass thru my hands that were nice to ever even consider an expensive one... Altho if I won the lottery...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice