If you gave Squier advice

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DUSTER, May 21, 2019.

1. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    Have the factory spend just a little more time making sure the nuts are right.

Dump the trap tuners. If I can buy a set of decent sealed tuners for $10 they should be able to buy the for $1.

Do some limited run oddball models like the JagStang and Venus.

2. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I would tell them to stop making the Affinity with a 39mm nut. Or whatever it is. I miss out on that line due to the narrow nut and it bums me out because they are great other than that.

dbrian66 and SquierTap like this.
  3. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Meister

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    move out of china.

dbrian66, SquierTap and Davey like this.
  4. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Like others have said, one of my wishes would be for Squier to do runs of oddball Fenders & Squiers. In addition to Squier, FMIC also owns Charvel, Jackson, EVH, and Gretsch. Picked up Bigsby too! Second wish would be Squier releases of these lines, or even some mashups.

5. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Meister

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    FMIC dosent own Gretsch any more they sold it off.

dbrian66 likes this.
  6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    When?

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    My modest request: make “vintage modified” a consistent quality tier. (In my experience they can be very average to top tier.)

My less modest request: I’d like pickup voicing/output to be predictable across lines and years—and better identified/named. (I think Gibson/Epiphone does a better to good job with this...a ProBucker is a ProBucker; a 57 Classic is a 57 Classic.) Sure Fender have nice aftermarket pickups, but you rarely see them in lower priced guitars, yet you can get Epiphone with American Gibson Burstbuckers or 57s in them. I’d like to see a discount equivalent like Epi does, like the “Squier Select” pickup line....so “SS60s” would always be an overseas copy of the Fender 65 set, etc. (And I know they sometimes do Duncan Design, but those rarely span models)

8. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    As I recall they still do distribution, etc, but not actual building.

9. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    dbrian66, SquierTap and drewcp like this.
  10. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Put the Deluxe neck on more models, maybe offer the higher end Squiers, the CV with the option of glossy neck and also sell a version with feel of the Deluxe neck

Bring back the Deluxe Strat

Bring back the VM range (I thought they were perfect for budget, quality guitars. Sadly the old CV’s were almost £400 here (UK). With Mexican not much of a price difference it’s not the same as quality at a budget price (what the VM used to be). Yeah the new CV’s aren’t all £400, they are in between the prices of what the VM were and the CV’s. I’d rather if they had the VM as an option still. I think I prefer the them.

Maybe make some more Acoustics. Would be cool if they started making them. I’m not talking about taking over a factory and putting the Squier logo, but actually start creating acoustics themselves. Maybe easier said than done, but think how cool it’d be if Squier could make good, budget acoustics too :D

dbrian66, SquierTap and BlueSquirrel like this.
  11. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Isn't the Affinity supposed to be a beginner's guitar anyways, thus for young people with smaller hands ? Aren't there enough other models with regular width nuts ? If then you really want the thinner Affinity body, you could also get a Bullet or SE and swap the necks.

dbrian66, SquierTap and Taurus like this.
  12. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    :confused:

dbrian66 and Taurus like this.
  13. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    I did some quick looking on Fender's site and others. I can't see any marketing materials that say anything about Affinity series being either a student's or child's guitar.

Now the Affinity MINI does refer to being useful for players with smaller hands or beginners, but I don't think that's what we were talking about.

14. jackdragbean

jackdragbean Squier-holic

Nov 16, 2011
    Mississippi
    A real through body hardtail stratocaster. Make it a Classic Vibe type quality with a small headstock. It would sell like hotcakes.

15. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Bring back the Standards and priced between the beginner affinity and the top end CV. They have lost their middle ground pricewise it seems. You either get a $100 thin guitar with a thin neck or a $400 guitar. Very little in between besides the bullets which again aren't a full sized guitar thickness. The standards used to fill that gap imo. It becomes even mote apparent with their latest Bass line up. They have the Affinity p/j or the CV. Or the shortscales which only appeal to guitarists who find they have to play bass. I miss the standard J or P that was simply good workhorse of a guitar at a middle ground pricing. The top end of the price spectrum is too heavy. Squier is pricing themselves out of the market they made as is shown by the rise of other low cost guitar manufacturer's that are filling the gap they have made in their own market. Just my $.02 at least.

dbrian66, SquierTap and Taurus like this.
  16. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    To do one more comparison with Epiphone, Squier signatures might create more excitement. The J5 is beloved by many. Let's see more than a couple. :)

17. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    OK, my bad. But it's still an entry level guitar isn't it ? To me entry level aims at beginners.

Mind you, I'm not pissing on the Affinity, I have one and like it.

dbrian66, SquierTap and Conghaille like this.
  18. mofojar

mofojar Squier-Meister

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    Here's my love of string-through hardtails coming through again but I would totally get a Squier Robert Cray if they made it.

19. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Make 7 1/4 necks and make set neck hollow bodies.

I agree, take more time on the nuts.

dbrian66 and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  20. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    FULL THICKNESS BODIES. Yes I yelled that. I can't tell you how many Squeirs I never bought due to the thin bodies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice