I was drawn to the flame!!

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by IronSchef, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Hm, weren't a few pics around - with the old SE necks that featured a skunk stripe - that, when checking the heel after removing them off the body, those weren't anything more than a small strip just working as an aesthetics thing?

2. pflug

pflug Squier-Nut

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    I believe the SE's were all rosewood with top installed truss rod

3. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    Try taking 2 necks that are from the same model like a classic series 50s and the 60s and swap them on the same body and pickups and all. If you don't hear that i'd be shocked. Rosewood vs maple is IMO the #1 biggest factor with a strat or tele in determining how it will sound. It's nite and day to my ear. But if you don't swap necks you can never know what other things are influencing the tone so it's never obvious to you. As to maple cap vs one piece maple, I can't tell you that sounds much different or if it's even noticeable because as i said earlier i have only had 2. So it could be coincidence but they were the 2 best sounding maple necks i have owned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice