I returned my bullet today

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by strummer101, May 12, 2020.

1. strummer101

strummer101 Squier-Meister

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    After a week of not playing it, I decided to return my bullet telecaster to GC today, it wasn't because it was all that bad. Indeed, for $119.99 it was an outstanding value. However, there were things that bugged me about it, the weird ringing sound out of the G string, also the high E string was too close to the edge of the fret board and buzzed or died out when I did vibrato. also I liked the pickup sound but hated the mushy selector switch. So I now I in the market for another telecaster.

Fare Well old blue

Eddd, fadetoz, mb doug and 5 others like this.
  2. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Montana
    Sometimes a mans gotta do what he's gotta do. I hope the next one works out.

3. Could've needed a proper set up. Either way … easy come, easy go. Good luck on your quest for the right Telecaster.
    Cheers, Barrie.

4. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    That's one of the benefits of buying retail. I've been burned a few times buying from CL, FBM, or SGW.

5. strummer101

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    I am sure that with some work and money it would have been fine, I did not ever see it being my #1 though. I hope a kid gets it and learns on it. That is what it was built for, not for an old guy like me to put it away and play better guitars.

6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm wondering how long it will take Amazon to ship my Oscar Schmidt, since they have a disclaimer on their website that says because of the pandemic essential items receive preferential treatment for shipping, while other items may take longer than normal. They say it will arrive by May 21st, but I'm sceptical that they'll meet that projection. Time will tell.

mb doug and strummer101 like this.
  7. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Some stuff stays and some stuff goes, we all need to do it. Good luck in the search as it’s half the fun !

mb doug and strummer101 like this.
  8. strummer101

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    yea the search
    as a hunter, I understand

uncle ted.jpg

duzie, AllroyPA and mb doug like this.
  9. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Nut

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Wow. I'm surprised that you returned it. For $119.00 delivered, aside from an Epiphone Special, I can't think of a bargain guitar that I enjoy more. I really like the neck. I find it substantial for an entry level budget model. The sparkle finish too. I can see where you may want to add a string tree if you have that G string ring phenomenon going on, but that seems to be an easy enough fix. The E too close to the edge is understandable though. I had that concern with an MIM Cabronita that I bought new. I messed with it for a year and eventually sold it at a loss. That one I should have returned.

Eddd and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. strummer101

Jun 13, 2019
    ohio
    Hi Uncle Joe, It was tough to decide to take it back it sure was a looker, the high e too close to the fret board edge was something that i did not want to deal with (I am trying to learn finger tapping) But I have so many guitars, and now I can shop for another, guilt free! :)

PS: I am still in the Squier club with my anniversity infinity and a hard tail bullet strat

Eddd, Kenneth Mountain and Uncle Joe like this.
  11. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    My Bullet had all of the same issues as @strummer101's but I enjoyed fixing them. I can understand why someone wouldn't, though.

Kenneth Mountain and strummer101 like this.
  12. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Bummer deal, I hope the next one is perfect...

strummer101 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  13. Dinomikesr

Dinomikesr Squier-Meister

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
    Check out Xavier at Guitarfetish. It's going to be $236 I think, but mine is above any Squiers I have. Just a really good guitar.

strummer101 and BlueTele like this.
  14. Dinomikesr

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
    Sorry, that's $189 to $199 and those are ash and alder bodies.

strummer101 likes this.
  15. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Sometimes they just have issues and got to go. I had one and after a full setup it was great. But it sounds like that may not have fixed all your issues.

strummer101 likes this.
  16. BlueTele

BlueTele Squier-Meister

Aug 29, 2019
    Waleska, Georgia
    Man, this forum is gonna cost me my marriage! :D Some cool stuff there.

nicod98 and strummer101 like this.
  17. Dinomikesr

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
    Get there emails for their code reminders and use them. It relieves their shipping costs because they're not big enough to get a deal on shipping.

strummer101 likes this.
  18. metalmerchant

metalmerchant Squier-Meister

Mar 25, 2011
    cornwall UK
    At the end of the day, despite the good looks and modest price...if it doesn't deliver the goods, then you will always find it lacking. I have spent money on under performing guitars, but they felt right and played well. It was the cheap clanky sound from the electronics that let it down, and so deserved an upgrade.
    In your case you definitely made the right decision.
    Happy hunting.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice