I legit prefer these guitars.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HateyMcAmp, Sep 13, 2018.

1. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Squier Talker

Sep 13, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    B8536A5D-2A7E-490D-A218-8B28B68BACFE.jpeg I recently bought this silly guitar at music go round for $81 after not owning an electric guitar for roughly a decade. That’s a 2000s-ish Bullet that someone turned into a poor mans Tom Delonge Strat.

I’m a professional full time double bassist who definitely owns some expensive gear. I’ve owned many fender electric bass (P, J, Mustangs) as well as a Gibson Les Paul Special and a nice USA made Taylor acoustic. Been through music school and have been around really spiffy guitars day and day out for decades now.

And I love this guitar. The neck is so nice, and for the kind of punk music I play on guitar (which is honestly mostly a hobby) it kicks out some sweet crunchy tones. I owned a Jagmaster Standard in high school too which I felt really similarly about, but I gave it away because I had “nicer” guitars! Live and learn. All of those guitars have been sold long ago, and the Bullet is in the house.

I love how light this guitar is, and it’s sweet thick but kinda jangly sound...whatever this Invader-knockoff is it pairs well with the guitar. It has one sound, but a sound I like a lot! Even my bandmate (who has a half dozen guitars worth over 1k and multiple that come in at 3k+) said he “kind of loved this guitar” and was bummed when I had to run out with it. Really enjoying it through the blues junior we have in my studio, and I just pulled the trigger on one of those little $99 monoprice 5w champ clones because I’m a guitarist again officially and now impulse buy gear. Had a nice session with a drummer buddy the other day....does anyone know a bass player? ;)

SquierTap, so1om, Davey and 8 others like this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Welcome to Squier-Talk. Nice guitar. I'm looking forward to the photos of your next 3 or 4 Squiers. :)

3. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    yeah man I got you on bass, lets jam!!!!

4. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Squier Talker

Sep 13, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    My band goes up to PNW often, I gotta make sure to make sure the Bullet make the trip next time!

5. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-Meister

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Welcome to ST. Sounds like you've got GAS.

6. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Meister

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    It's hard to beat a Bullet for the price. And when you put a little time and love into them they are a force to be reckoned with.

7. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Welcome to S/T!

Guitar looks great, glad you are enjoying it.

8. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Welcome to Squier Talk. I really like my Partscaster single pickup guitar. It consists of a Kramer body, Kmise neck, Wilkinson tuners, a GFS Retrotron pickup and electronics. I love it and it really sounds good with 11s tuned down to open D.

Partscaster 2.jpg

9. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Welcome to S-T...cool Squier!

10. Mister Noonan

Mister Noonan Squier-Meister

Jun 28, 2018
    present
    Welcome. If you're the bassist from Banshee Tree, tell your guitarist I would be happy to trade him a nice Squier for his Ayers archtop haha :)

SquierTap and dbrian66 like this.
  11. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Is this an Idonesian s10*serial number neck ?

dbrian66 likes this.
  12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Love the guitar! The decal is perfect!

13. Markyp85

Markyp85 Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2017
    New Jersey
    Got the same decal
    00E1F023-687F-4E42-AEC5-3F6F76CFD900.jpeg