I legit prefer these guitars.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HateyMcAmp, Sep 13, 2018.

1. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Squier Talker

Sep 13, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    B8536A5D-2A7E-490D-A218-8B28B68BACFE.jpeg I recently bought this silly guitar at music go round for $81 after not owning an electric guitar for roughly a decade. That’s a 2000s-ish Bullet that someone turned into a poor mans Tom Delonge Strat.

I’m a professional full time double bassist who definitely owns some expensive gear. I’ve owned many fender electric bass (P, J, Mustangs) as well as a Gibson Les Paul Special and a nice USA made Taylor acoustic. Been through music school and have been around really spiffy guitars day and day out for decades now.

And I love this guitar. The neck is so nice, and for the kind of punk music I play on guitar (which is honestly mostly a hobby) it kicks out some sweet crunchy tones. I owned a Jagmaster Standard in high school too which I felt really similarly about, but I gave it away because I had “nicer” guitars! Live and learn. All of those guitars have been sold long ago, and the Bullet is in the house.

I love how light this guitar is, and it’s sweet thick but kinda jangly sound...whatever this Invader-knockoff is it pairs well with the guitar. It has one sound, but a sound I like a lot! Even my bandmate (who has a half dozen guitars worth over 1k and multiple that come in at 3k+) said he “kind of loved this guitar” and was bummed when I had to run out with it. Really enjoying it through the blues junior we have in my studio, and I just pulled the trigger on one of those little $99 monoprice 5w champ clones because I’m a guitarist again officially and now impulse buy gear. Had a nice session with a drummer buddy the other day....does anyone know a bass player? ;)

SquierTap, so1om, Davey and 8 others like this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Welcome to Squier-Talk. Nice guitar. I'm looking forward to the photos of your next 3 or 4 Squiers. :)

3. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    yeah man I got you on bass, lets jam!!!!

4. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Squier Talker

Sep 13, 2018
    Boulder, CO
    My band goes up to PNW often, I gotta make sure to make sure the Bullet make the trip next time!

5. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Welcome to ST. Sounds like you've got GAS.

6. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Meister

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    It's hard to beat a Bullet for the price. And when you put a little time and love into them they are a force to be reckoned with.

7. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Welcome to S/T!

Guitar looks great, glad you are enjoying it.

8. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Welcome to Squier Talk. I really like my Partscaster single pickup guitar. It consists of a Kramer body, Kmise neck, Wilkinson tuners, a GFS Retrotron pickup and electronics. I love it and it really sounds good with 11s tuned down to open D.

Partscaster 2.jpg

9. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Welcome to S-T...cool Squier!

10. Mister Noonan

Mister Noonan Squier-Nut

Jun 28, 2018
    present
    Welcome. If you're the bassist from Banshee Tree, tell your guitarist I would be happy to trade him a nice Squier for his Ayers archtop haha :)

SquierTap and dbrian66 like this.
  11. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Is this an Idonesian s10*serial number neck ?

dbrian66 likes this.
  12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Love the guitar! The decal is perfect!

13. Markyp85

Markyp85 Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2017
    New Jersey
    Got the same decal
    00E1F023-687F-4E42-AEC5-3F6F76CFD900.jpeg

SquierTap and HateyMcAmp like this.
  14. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice