How to float a Strat trem bridge

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Jim Baritone, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jim Baritone

Jim Baritone Squier-holic

Hi all,
    I was stumbling around the 'net this afternoon looking for info on adjusting string heights at the bridge, and I happened to come across the article at the link below (which has nothing to do with adjusting string height). :confused:

It's a thumbnail guide to adjusting the "vintage strat" whammy bar bridge to give a greater range of pitch and sounds. I found it quite interesting, and so I'm passing it along for your edification and enjoyment. :rolleyes:

http://www.andertons.co.uk/blog/guitars/how-to-float-a-strat-trem

I also, on the same site, found a really neat video interview with Eric Clapton about his Stratocaster "Brownie", which the Fender Custom shop "cloned" and made a few hundred "Tribute" copies of. (Probably have to mortgage your house to get one....). But the video was really interesting, because Clapton talks about how he used to go around pawnshops while on tour in the U.S., looking for old Strats with maple fingerboards. The interviewer had the good sense to just shut up and let him talk. :)

http://www.andertons.co.uk/blog/gui...e-getting-a-fender-eric-clapton-brownie-strat :D

Jim B

2. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Dr. Squier

Thanks, that Clapton clip was boss ... !m/_

3. Ian G

Ian G Squier-Meister

4. RAMZ-47

RAMZ-47 Squier Talker

Its all good stuff..... THANKS!!!!

5. StratManiac

StratManiac Squier Talker

I have a friend in Italy who makes lots of videos to help you get the best setup.
    Feel free to check out the other videos as well.
    Set up your strat for best tremolo use part 1 - www.frudua.com - YouTube

Also he sell VALVE amps for those interested. These are hand made in Italy and are just stunning to play through. I will be the UK distributor within the next 4 weeks. I am just getting the studio done so I can demo the amps...

Ansy