How does the new CV50's Tele compare to the older one?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by 240SX, Nov 29, 2019.

1. 240SX

240SX Squier-Meister

Mar 21, 2014
    Newfoundland, Canada
    I've noticed that the new Classic Vibe 50's Telecasters do not have brass saddles like the olders ones did. I'm just wondering what other differences are there between them? How do they compare to the older since that one was such a hit? Thanks.

2. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I really dont think you could go wrong getting one. I just bought my first Tele. An affinity in butterscotch blonde and if I REALLY like the tele experience I might go for one of these. Im sure somewhere on you tube there is a video of the difference.

3. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    A friend and I were comparing thinline teles last week, mine is a squier, his is fender. We agreed mine with brass seems to sustain a bit longer than his with more modern saddles. But I can't say that would be true in every instance. Hope this helps.

4. duceditor

duceditor Squier-Axpert

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    My own experience -- and yes, this surprises me -- is that a Tele is a Tele is a Tele.

There a small differences between this one and that one, but that even supposedly "large" differences such as string through vs string attaching to the bridge plate, have little effect on the sound.

Neck feel/ profile/ and (for some) nut size matters more.

I started my Tele life on a late `50s Fender. Now along with a Cabronita with Bigsby I have a butterscotch Affinity -- an `04, one with bridge plate string connection and a Fender American Standard.

No, they are not identical. Of course not. But when I play either of them I am playing a Tele. With the amp adjusted they can sound very much alike and their Teleness is there in all its glory.

To me the rest is, in the Bard's words, "much ado about nothing." Or at least very little.

(Fender doesn't want me to say that!!!) :D

-don

archetype and VealCutlet like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice