Hiatus notice

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by radiotech, May 15, 2018.

1. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Hey Buds!
    I’m just stopping into the bar to say “Hi”, buy a round for the crowd, to let you know why I’ve been scarce of late (and will be moreso in the future).

A whole lot of life has happend to me since joining up here (officially) four years ago.
    Some of you know about it, I’m not going into the bad now (as it’s all over).... but life... is all of a sudden in high gear.

My job has always been secure, but everything else was in flux.
    I’ve been taking small steps to full independence, and after moving out on my own almost two years ago, I’m finally in the last stage of my four stage rebuilding plan... which now that everything else is locked down, is primarily getting myself to proper fitness (as opposed to the proper fatness I’ve had the last decade). I’m down 30 pounds since February, and finally got my brain, and body on the road to adopting the “eat to live” way of life.
    Now, I’ve been at this weight before in the last decade a couple times, but it was via excercise alone, not excercise and diet.

That brings me back to my post. I’m now at the point that my time is occupied with my new food preparation, and level of excercise (which is now almost every day), that I have little time for visiting here... though on the upside, I have been playing more... and writing. I had a song I’d been working on for two years... just two weeks ago, I had a revelation about it on a walk, the song was then rehashed and re-written THAT day, and I’ve been tweaking it since for performance, and I hope to make a video and or mp3 of it before the end of July.

So what I want to say is:
    Thank you!
    You guys are the best!
    More than a few of you have shared your (similar and worse) life experience with me, in posts, via PM, and some in person, that has truly given me some much needed perspective. I thank every one of you for the insight (which I can say was 100% good advice from all who shared). This is absolutely the best Guitar forum on the innerwebs, and you guys are the reason why.

I’ll still drop in when I can (hopefully once a week or so), but I’m apologizing on the front end for all the: “Greetings and Salutations”, I try to give to all new members, and “Conga-rats” I try to give every purchase, and trade, that I know I’ll be missing.

Long live Squier Talk, and the best neighborhood bar buddies anyone could have!

2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I think I'm going to take a hiatus away from you guys also.

My collection is never going to decrease if I hang out here too much. ha ha

3. It's great to hear you're focused and making positive headway.:)
    Cheers, & best wishes, Barrie.

so1om, radiotech, theflow and 5 others like this.
  4. Pat V.

Pat V. Squier-holic

Nov 21, 2014
    North America
    Wishing you great health and success! I made my fitness/nutrition change two years ago (almost to the day) and stuck to it. The rewards are well worth all of the sacrifices.
    See you around!

5. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    This makes me happy and sad for the obvious reasons ! I shall step up my game to include an occasional " conga-rats " Another member to miss for all the right reasons ! And you will be missed !

so1om, radiotech, theflow and 6 others like this.
  6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    as my good friend Dan always says, "Conga-rats".

7. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Take care. See you in a while.

so1om, radiotech, theflow and 5 others like this.
  8. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Good for you.Stay the course, see you soon.

so1om, radiotech, theflow and 4 others like this.
  9. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Well done in your achievements so far and my best towards your future goals! Always great to see your posts. I’ll be watching for the fewer ones you now. PS...do keep us updated on the progress when you can.

so1om, radiotech, theflow and 4 others like this.
  10. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    That's the kinda news we like to hear..Your focus on better health, not your absence..
    Good job..

wonkenstein, so1om, Treynor and 7 others like this.
  11. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-Nut

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    You have to take care of yourself and be 100% dedicated to the way you want to be. If it's allowing you to play more but post less, so be it! Nothing wrong with your focus at all. Keep up the good efforts, keep your health, grow old playing music!

so1om, Treynor, radiotech and 5 others like this.
  12. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    wait... where's my $2.

wonkenstein, radiotech, Hoss and 3 others like this.
  13. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Awesome man. I love to hear stories of positive life changes. I wish you the best.

wonkenstein, so1om, Treynor and 5 others like this.
  14. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    Good for you! I wish you well.

so1om, Treynor, radiotech and 4 others like this.
  15. 5thumbs

5thumbs Squier-holic

that's good news you'll be back & we will be here.

wonkenstein, so1om, Treynor and 5 others like this.
  16. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Happy for you and good luck on everything...:)

so1om, Treynor, radiotech and 3 others like this.
  17. mikm

mikm Dr. Squier

Jun 4, 2012
    NY
    Way to go with the diet! Stay in touch. Always appreciated your comments!

18. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Good for you man ! I fought weight all my life then when diagnosed with MS I HAD to change everything ,losing over 100 lbs helped me be able to get around in my weakened condition,light exercise daily (bicycling,weights) with Sundays off seems to be the best for me, anyways....... take care and see you soon ! :)

19. Hoss

Hoss Squier-holic

Dec 20, 2009
    McGill, Nevada
    Good luck with all your endeavors. Post when you can. I'd miss hearing from you from time to time!

so1om, theflow, Treynor and 2 others like this.
  20. surfrodguitar

surfrodguitar Squier-holic

Aug 4, 2016
    Laguna Niguel
    Great news! Physical and mental health are what we should all strive for and I do believe your song came about because of your physical and mental work. Just imagine all the new music you will be writing in the coming months.

So since you won’t be around much, can I borrow, “Conga-Rats!!” ? Peace!!!

so1om, theflow, Treynor and 2 others like this.