Help please.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by bradley86, Oct 11, 2017.

1. bradley86

bradley86 Squier Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    Iowa
    I'm new to this form so if this ends up in the wrong place or I just muck everything up I'm sorry in advance!

I'm trying to find a guitar I seen years ago would of been around 06-07-08 in there somewhere. It was obviously a squier. I seen it at a Best Buy a buddy said they had started selling Instruments so we went to see what they had, and I remember it (the guitar) being the mustang /jag body style it was sunburst with very few switches on it if I remember right only one, the three way for the pickups. The pickups where the soap box humbucker type pickups if I remember they where white..? I remember it being around 145.00 dollars or 175.00 range.

I talked to they guy working there and he said he really liked it but that it didn't stay in tune very well and kind of ended up talking me out of it.. Now years later I want to buy one an make the changes to it and have a nice little player. But after hours of looking and reading I can't find anything.. So I'm hoping maybe one of you will know what it was! I'm at a loss and getting tired of coming up empty! I just want to buy the guitar.

2. Lonn

Lonn Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    If I remember right Best Buy sold starcasters.

3. Dcbowling80

Dcbowling80 Dr. Squier

Aug 26, 2014
    Laplata MD
    At one point best buy sold a Jagmaster. It would match your description and price range if it was on sale. They were normally around $199. They don't sell them anymore but this is an ad when they did carry them. Screenshot_20171011-203707.png

bradley86, rorygman and vlxerdon like this.
  4. bradley86

bradley86 Squier Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    Iowa
    Thanks! That's one of them I was leaning towards! But I could not find any old prices on them and I was going off the prices of what they are now which took it out of contention . That has to be it! The only other thing I thought it could of been was a cyclone. Did they sell cyclones?

5. rorygman

rorygman Squier-Meister

May 9, 2017
    Barcelona
    Hey @bradley86 ! Welcome to Squier-Talk!! Stick around ... great place for info. You could also browse the Squier Wiki which has been set up by our forum member @woolbrig at this link: http://www.squierwiki.com

I think the offsets look really cool, so if you manage to find one of these Jagmasters, let us all know, won't you?!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Dcbowling80 likes this.
  6. so1om

so1om Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I don't remember ever seeing Starcasters there. I've only seen them at Costco.

Best Buy had full on Fender/Gibsons, Yamahas, the new line of Squiers called CLASSIC VIBE where I saw a Duo Sonic.. I bought my Fender 212r there, a few cables, tuner, strap, strap loks.. an acoustic case. Now that I think about it, I bought A LOT of stuff from there! :confused::eek:

I kinda miss the Best Buy music store because it was on par with GC, but not as loud or ridic.. and more organized.

You can still find some stuff online at Best Buy, I haven't looked recently.

Dcbowling80 likes this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    I may have been thinking about Sams club.

so1om likes this.
  8. bradley86

bradley86 Squier Talker

Oct 11, 2017
    Iowa
    Absolutely, I'll keep you guys posted! I'm still really new to the form so it will take me a little bit to figure it all out. Maybe I can do a build series or something with it?

Although I'm about 95% sure it was a Jagmaster I still have to make sure that it could not have been anything else. So I need to find out if they sold any other of the Jag/mustang esk bodies, such as the cyclone and others. It's more for clarification for me it's just the way I am.

9. Dcbowling80

Dcbowling80 Dr. Squier

Aug 26, 2014
    Laplata MD
    I know they sold a Mustang, the Squier classic vibe would have been more ($299) the Bullet is alot less but inky recently available.