Haven't been this tempted in a very long time

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Lonn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Wasting time in GC this morning and spied this on the wall. Brand new Player Tele in Burgundy Mist/maple marked down to $549. I'm trying to pay off my GC card or it would have come home with me.

[​IMG]

Dave M, otisblove, fadetoz and 11 others like this.
  2. bolloxbollox

bolloxbollox Squier Talker

saw one of those at G.C. yesterday, there are a few SE Fender Player series guitars on sale thru the end of October. (also on Musiciansfr... btw)

If G.C. had given me a better offer on a trade-in yesterday I would have had a NGD too!

3. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    That's a beauty. I haven't GAS'd in awhile, but there's an LTD Explorer in NJ that I want. But I can't get out there until the weekend.

Though, if I had any brains ... today would have been a perfect day to run out to NJ. No traffic. Argh !!!

4. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Is that Burgundy Mist or the new color Penny?

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  5. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
  6. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Nut

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    There's one at our local GC. I had never seen one in that color. Adorama is been selling the LPB ones for $549 as well.

7. bolloxbollox

FWIW I also regularly see Sam Ash selling Fender Player series b-stock in the 500-550 range on reVerb & Eb*y - I bought my Buttercream Jazz Bass for $544 shipped 2 day with tax from them and it arrived in the original packaging with all the tags etx. not a flaw to be found on it.

(I think it was the last on the pallet and a had a SELL LAST sticker on it.)

8. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
  9. bolloxbollox

who says I didn't?

Shipped.JPG

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Apparently that's an FSR, 'cause that color isn't shown on Fender's website. MF has it listed at $575. It's too bad that the Player Tele isn't available with a PF board, only maple. Otherwise, I might be tempted to sell my CVC Tele and buy the Player Tele.

11. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    You should just get it and then work on paying off the card. Sounds like a great plan.

fattboyzz and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  12. bolloxbollox

After seeing one in person over the weekend I could not pass this Player Strat in Shell Pink up - just didn't want the floor model

it is included in the Roctober sale too, - GC had the best online price MF matched it (same company) I'm going to sell off a few Squiers to make up the $ but it's soooooooooooooooooooo worth it. I'll do a proper thread of my own and stop hijacking this one.

Strat Pink.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. Lonn

Lonn Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Nothing to hijack here, I had no real intention of buying the Tele but it sure was nice.

14. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Wow thats $30 cheaper than MF !!!!!! Now
    And I'm Always trin' to pay off my GC card to...I have never paid interest...;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice