Haunted house

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Biddlin, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    If, out of necessity, you had lived in a house where things like full body apparitions and invisible touches were a common occurrence, would you mention it to the landlord/owner when you moved? I am talking about routine non-malevolent events experienced by family and visitors, over the course of nine years. I will add that I am not a particularly religious or superstitious person. I don't seek to explain these events, just report them.
    My issue with making a written report to the landlord is that California is a full disclosure state so when she/he decides to rent or sell the property, they would be required to mention such a report. What do you think?

Kenneth Mountain and so1om like this.
  2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    so first off I am w/ you on the "haunted" thing - I too lived in a house for a year where there was some kind of spirit living there too

While I see why you might want to legally inform the landlord of this - I cannot imagine that he would actually be required to disclose THAT type of thing to the next potential buyer ... it is a far different thing requiring that a basement crack, for example (which can be confirmed easily), be disclosed to a buyer -- but being required to disclose that the prior tennant claims GHOSTS haunt the property?? I doubt that would hold up in a court ;)

3. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Meister

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    Absolutely not. There's no guarantee the next tennants will experience anything at all. That being said I myself have had a couple of unexplainable\paranormal experiences and when I have tried to talk to people about it I am usually met with disbelief, skepticism and sideways looks as if I am crazy. And that's just family and freinds so I would never even think about starting that conversation with many people outside of that circle. I say let them have their experiences and draw their own conclusions.

4. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    That is indeed a concern.
    I know of such a case in Danville, a suburb of San Francisco where a sale was voided because the seller did not disclose reported paranormal activity.

5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Yes I have, yes I still do and yes I have told the landlord. Honestly in my house it isn't anything demonic or evil but definitely something here. I believe anything paranormal should be reported to future owners/tenants.

6. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    By reporting it, might you cause interest in the house from "ghost hunter" types who in turn may upset whatever is there and cause malevolent activity? What was your landlord's reaction to the "news"?

7. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I lived in a house that was really old and there was either bad wiring for my bedroom light or some sort of playful presence that liked to mess with me because my light would just turn off and on at strange moments.

It wouldn't just be intermittent, I'd go to my room to read a book, get a chapter or two in and the light would turn off and not turn back on. "Looks like the ghost doesn't want me to stay up reading tonight."

Kenneth Mountain and Biddlin like this.
  8. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    When I was a kid we lived in an old house in N. Vancouver BC where around 1 am someone unseen would walk up the basement stairs to the lav, sound like they used the commode, flushed and then walked back down the stairs. I never thought much about it at the time. In the place I just moved from a tall man in a grey suit and fedora would walk the hall from bedrooms to bathroom, on several occasions startling people on their way out of the bathroom, but never making a sound or giving any indication of consciousness. In the back yard two spectral cats, who usually were felt before they were seen in part or whole, regularly bumped the hands of surprised guests, who would look down to see nothing and then perhaps just hindquarters disappearing into the ether. The cats also meow. The only time that I was really startled was one occasion on a sunny afternoon when I walked into the well lit living room and saw a 10 or 11 year old boy dressed in 196o's school clothing standing next to my desk looking at the computer. He turned his head to see me and was gone. Things also went missing usually for a few days only to return right where I had left them. The most extreme example of that was my house and car keys. I set them down on the corner of my dresser as was my habit until then and the next morning they were gone. Two and a half years later, I was trying to sell my old Chrysler, was about to break the steering lock so I could move it out to the driveway and when I went to the dresser to put on a new tee-shirt, there on the corner were my keys, just like I had left them.

9. strat_strummer

We have often thought about bringing in a Medium but there may be a chance I will find out why or who and I don't really care to know. Several very strange things have happened and other things to other people who have lived here.

Bodean, Kenneth Mountain and Biddlin like this.
  10. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    My little brother and I had a similar experience when we were younger. Our dad was helping his buddies build a granary or something at a neighbour's farm and us kids were wandering through the forest. We came across the remains of a wooden wagon in the woods and for just a moment both of us saw a lady dressed in pioneer clothing standing near the wagon. We didn't see if she turned her head or disappeared because both of us ran as fast as little kid legs could go back to the adults to report our story.

I'd think it was just a child's fancy if only one of us saw her, but both of us did.

11. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    I was not able to contact previous residents of my last rental but everyone who came to visit got a bit from the cats and all six members of the household saw the tall man. In our new home, buit about the same time as the last one, but much better quality, we are decidedly undisturbed by anything paranormal, but the live pets seem to miss their spectral pals, looking for them in vain for the first couple of days we were here.

12. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    Necromancy will only serve to invite more unclean spirits into a home. LoL. Don't do that.

If the head of the household is Christian they can cast out unclean spirits in the name of Jesus Christ. My sister did this herself and it worked. It has to be the head of the household though, which is usually the dad. At the time my sister and her husband were separated though.

Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

13. strat_strummer

I agree and until it poses a threat we don't worry to much about it. Along with strange unexplained happenings there certainly is poltergeist activity. Again nothing threatening but rather shocking.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  14. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    santo paulo wood and white sage.

15. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    You should tell your landlord that the house has a case of quantum entanglement that results in anomalous photonic shifts in the visible spectrum and charged particle movements.

16. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    giphy.gif

17. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    I would tell the landlord, people should be made aware of what they are walking in to and exposing themselves to.

If you have ever watched “The Dead Files” or John Zaffis show “The Haunted Collector” or Ralph Sarchie’s show “The Demon Files” or even “Haunted Case Files” you would understand why.

Just like they mention during the opening of the series Haunted Case Files: In this world there is real evil, in the darkest shadows and in the most ordinary places.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear, there are doors, and when they are opened nightmares become reality.

18. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    Having seen a few things myself, as long as it’s not going all poltergeist throwing things/sharp objects at ya I’d just ignore it.
    If it gets to annoying a good round of salt spread around the house will do wonders.

19. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Have the salt blessed by a Priest, spread it around the perimeter of your property.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  20. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

hey, the glowing red pig's eyes outside the second floor windows are a feature, not a bug. no need to report, just. GET. OUT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice