Happy 50th, Woodstock!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by johnnywizzo, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:56 PM.

1. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Happy anniversary to any and all who were at Woodstock 50 years ago. I had a chance to go with my cousin, but opted to stay and work at the restaurant that weekend. I've been sorry ever since.

I just got done playing for about 70 people at a picnic and asked if anyone there had been to Woodstock. No one had, and the crowd was about the right age.

2. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Glad i missed it friends went.

ScoobySnacker likes this.
  3. ScoobySnacker

ScoobySnacker Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2018
    Never-reach, NY
    I was 11 and remember it as if it were yesterday:
    Growing up on the Island of Long we had all 3 major networks along with 2 regional stations & a PBS channel.
    The dinner ritual throughout the neighborhood was to watch the local news at 6 PM, and then watch (some things don't change) the National news.
    That Friday, I recall, before dinner hit the tray, we were looking at the NYS Thruway(every channel covered it) via aerial footage and it was closed...CLOSED!! was what the man said...all because...well there was something about music and hippies or something.
    Those were interesting times.

oneLOCOman likes this.
  4. I was ten years old in '69. Being in south western Ontario (Canada) at the time, we picked up all the Great Lake US and Canadian TV stations. It was news then that alerted me to the "big festival". Family moved to the west coast that autumn 50 years ago, and I've never been back since. A pretty good chance I never will either.
    I did watch a PBS special last week covering Woodstock.
    Cheers, Barrie.

5. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Happy birthday woodstock!..
    tenor.gif
    Guess he doesn't like birthday cards.. :rolleyes:

6. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Meister

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    I was 15 and didn't hear about it until it was over, So I didn't get to see that one but went to one in 72 at Pocono Pen. Pocono Music festaval 1972.jpg

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  7. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    I was 9 the week earlier but from footage I have seen I don't feel like I missed anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice