Guitars4Vets Project a Quadruple Success!!

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by IronSchef, Dec 7, 2019.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Well, we did it - with NO "Epic Fails" ... 4 for 4!!!!
    IMG_2787.jpg
    Each of the 4 Vets started with a box of parts and built a complete Telecaster. They each went home w/ the guitar, a 6ft cable, and a (used) Crate Amp - they will all continue to get one-on-one and group instruction from G4V teachers going forward.

We were SO fortunate today have the help from Denny Rauen -- w/o whom there surely would have been one or two "Fails", at LEAST! It was awesome for me (personally) to get to watch and learn from a REAL pro who has done work for countless stars and, BTW, INVENTED the "Compound Radius"

IMG_2765.jpeg

Sammy raised more parts and $$ than was needed for the workshop, so here he is presenting a $500 check to the local G4V chapter

IMG_2731.jpeg

We had 2 of the guitars instructors from G4V and my buddy helping out as well - and we were able to complete the 4 guitars in about 6 hours :)

Denny had to do some minor massaging of parts - but overall the GFS "budget" necks and XGP bodies performed quite well, and ended up making really nice instruments!

special thanks to a few folks from Squier-Talk who have helped us out :)

@jackdragbean , @frankthedog , @MrYeats , @SubSailer671 , @snivlem , @strat_strummer , @mb doug, @Ace38 , @Davis Sharp (I HOPE I didn't miss anyone!!)

still gathering pics from a few folks...

IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg

drewcp, Mr Bones, marklk and 15 others like this.
  2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Soooooooo koool !!!

Mr Bones, surf green, mb doug and 4 others like this.
  3. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Wow!.. where did all this come from?..
    i obviously missed a major story developing at some point i would assume recently?..
    Congrats to you and G4V and most sincerely to the Vets that stuck with it.. which sounds like All of them.. :D
    Great pictures.. Excellent ending to a Story!..
    Where is the beginning?.. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  4. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    TY Sir!

well, a couple of recent threads ;)
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/guitars-for-vets-project.163877/
    http://www.squier-talk.com/threads/guitars-for-vets-project-update.165240/

5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    That’s awesome! I’m in the process of becoming a G4V instructor. Cool to see other ST’ers involved with the program.

6. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    That is pretty awesome. Bravo @IronSchef and to all the people involved. Maybe some Strats next time.;)

7. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  8. duggerh

duggerh Squier-Meister

Jun 1, 2018
    Pacific Northwest
  9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

@IronSchef Looks like the program turned out incredible and I have to say that these Tele's are the most gorgeous guitars I've ever seen simply because so much care and love from you and the members of the program who donated their time into it. The smile on these folks is priceless. Since day one I've been patiently waiting for pics of the end results and I assure you it was well worth the wait. NICE JOB man....

emoji106.png

10. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Nut

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    Well Done Sammy!!

I'm glad it turned out so well.

Congrats.

11. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Awesome! Congrats to you and Son of IronSchef. Happy to see those vets smiling.

12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Dude I missed out this time - I hope you do it again ! I'm in ! Excellent Work ! !

13. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    This is awesome. I think you folks started years ago with all acoustics, correct? I remember donating a Squier '51 and it seemed to be received as an anomaly. I think you guys are great. Thank you.

14. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
  15. A lot of smiling faces and for very good reasons. Words don't describe the awesomeness of this project. Congrats to all involved.
    Cheers, Barrie.

16. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
  17. jackdragbean

jackdragbean Squier-holic

Nov 16, 2011
    Mississippi
    This is just too awesome. You are special to have done something like this. Just wow. Warms my heart to know people like you exist buddy. Just too cool.

Kenneth Mountain and IronSchef like this.
  18. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    What, no Strats? Please count me in for future events. Very nice job, those guys look stoked!

Kenneth Mountain and IronSchef like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice