Guitars you wish Squier would make.

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by stratman420, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    I would like to see them produce their hollow bodies again. You can still find them used but HOLY MOLY they bring some dollars.

Davis Sharp, stratman420 and RoyalWe like this.
  2. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
  3. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    Classic Vibe Esquire would be an instant classic.

EDIT: I think a Squier version would sell tremendously due to its simplicity in a "beginner" brand. It would be a marketing dream.

I have not been in a music store in eons, so do not have new guitar contacts. Does anyone know how Fender's crazy reality series (can't think what it is called lol) sold? IMO they looked like any partscaster imaginable with the right type of sauteed shrooms. MIM with oddball pick guard / pickups / switch plate combinations.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Aren't they makin an Esquier now?

drewcp, Taurus, mimmo and 1 other person like this.
  5. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Reissue of the original Squier 1 bullets, the S2 and H2 models! I also wish they’d continue the 51 and expand the line, I like the idea of the mini jazz bass body with 3 Jaguar pickups for a Squier “62” (or something like that). Also, I don’t why this isn’t a thing already, a thin line jazzmaster! Maybe then it’d Actually get used for jazz lol.
    EDIT: I forgot, I’d also really want to see the Squier 1 Bullet bass reissued. A 51 style bass would be super cool too, angled scpb in the neck and a wide range HB in the bridge:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    stratman420 likes this.
  6. danzigdan

danzigdan Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2014
    NYS
    A hardtail Strat.

drewcp, Taurus, daan and 3 others like this.
  7. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    I'm on board with this but I'd be surprised if it ever happened.

Converting a two pickup Tele to an Esquire is easy enough.

Also, maintaining the rarity and mystique of the Esquire would prevent Fender from releasing too many options for getting a factory made one, IMHO.

stratman420 and Loin Lover like this.
  8. Smith357

Smith357 Squier-Meister

Apr 30, 2017
    ohio
    A Super Strat, and a Super Tele, both hard tail and FR trem verisions

9. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    Did Squier at one point make a superstrat with the FR? Not talking about the showmasters either. I saw a few recently on FB Marketplace, but perhaps they were modified. I'll try to find a link...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2019773411660046/

He says it's 30 years old, and doesn't mention where it was manufactured. Anyone know if this was a stock product?

10. Mervynskidmore

Mervynskidmore Squier Talker

Oct 6, 2018
    Ireland
  11. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Meister

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
  12. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    A Squier version of the new Fender Sixty Six model would be fantastic….

I second the suggestion above about a hard tail Strat, HSS configuration…. 22 frets and a 12" radius….

A tele with a mini humbucker in the bridge and a single in the neck… with 22 frets and a 12" radius….

Or maybe even something with the upper fret access of an SG, with an HS configuration (humbucker in the bridge that is)… once again with 22 frets and a 12" radius...

Or anything….with 22 frets, a 12" radius and a humbucker in the bridge :D

Taurus and stratman420 like this.
  13. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    Oh yeah!!! A Squier Sixty-Six would be great!!!!!

SquierTap likes this.
  14. jvin248

jvin248 Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Squier needs to make two neck sizes for the Affinity and Bullet brands, the current 'skinny carve' and a new 'chunky carve' and identify which is which clearly. Very clearly-- like 'grubby used guitar picture on ebay' clearly. There is a large segment of buyers, like myself, who have stopped buying any Squires at all due to the too-skinny necks (it's the carve removing too much meat not the width and depth dimensions). Many of the competitor brands offer chunky necks, from Epiphone to whatever is filling Walmart these days. Squier needs to market both and identify both. PRS has the Wide-Thin and Wide-Fat and not well defined what those terms actually mean (like measurements) but it's a model to service the market. Some players/buyers have bigger hands than others -- which must be shocker -- even teenagers have larger hands.

As for models they should offer loaded pickguards as quick-swap kits to go from SSS to HSS to HH to SS (like Tele) in the Strats, similarly offer swappable loaded pickguards for the Duo-sonic/Mustang/Jazzmaster/Tele/etc/etc models. Make it super easy for an owner of an Affinity to buy an inexpensive loaded pickguard and plug it into the guitar.

Offer trem blocks like the Eric Clapton Strat kit so Squier owners can block their trems, for cheap.

Create 'fast upgrade harnesses' to change from the 1/2inch pots to full MIA-grade pots/caps/switch/jack.

Create packs of 'Alnico' pickups to replace 'Ceramic magnet' stock pickups (which seems to be the first 'upgrade' owners do, rather than just adjust pickup heights...).

These are the mods Squier buyers do to the guitars -- part of the learning to play guitar is also learning what makes a difference in the guitar tones -- the goal of which is to move beginners into players who upgrade to MIA Fenders as they get better and know what they want.

Also, keep focus on fretwork. That can stop many beginners from ever progressing and never buying MIA profit margin models.

Stratlover84 likes this.
  15. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    With a full-depth body! I’ve already had two of the thin ones, the only thing I’d realistically plunk my $ down for is a 1.75” thick white Strat, with a black guardplate and a ...whatever they’re substituting for rosewood these days, fretboard.
    Or maybe a Tele/Jazzmaster hybrid.

SquierTap likes this.
  16. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I passed on an X-155 once because I balked at the $175 price tag (big rolleyes right there) and the last time I saw one locally it was $500...

17. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Yea fender had a floyd rose squier series.. in the 90s.. made in japan..
    That particular facebook squier was a mid 80s and had a different floating bridge on it (schaller)..
    that is a replacement i dont recognize.. not stock..

stratman420 likes this.
  18. Tommy_S

Tommy_S Squier Talker

I've been lusting for one of these for far too long now. Wouldn't mind at all if it said Squier on the headstock. ;)

[​IMG]

SquierTap, rbh32 and Taurus like this.
  19. Tommy_S

Tommy_S Squier Talker

Also, a reissue of the Hello Kitty strat in my profile pic please. I want one for the novelty, but can't justify the price now.

Taurus likes this.
  20. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    It's $210 USD. I've never been a fan of FR or FR style locking trems, so I don't think it's for me, but is it worth that price? Might be interested in fixing it up and perhaps selling it to someone for a higher price if it's a decent guitar. From what I've heard Japan made Fenders and Squiers are really good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice