Guitars for Vets Project Update

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by IronSchef, Oct 25, 2019.

1. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Things are moving along nicely and falling into place for our december 7th Guitars for Vets workshop!

• 4 vets have been identified to participate - each will build and take home a Telecaster
    • donated parts have been accumulated - I was fortunate enough to get enough pickups, controls, pickguards, electronics, etc for ALL the guitars!
    • Big order placed w/ GFS today - 4 XGP Bodies, 4 Budget Necks, and hardware -- all covered by donations from family/friends
    • gonna be buying 4 small amps as well from the donations
    • Local Luthier Denny Rauen has reached out to us - and he wants to join us the day of the workshop!! Check out this guy's history - he's done work for some pretty noteworthy musicians (like Keef), and he is actually the person credited w/ inventing the Compound Radius Fretboard in 1978 (he called it "multi-radius") - https://www.rauenguitars.com/

special thanks to a few folks from Squier-Talk who have helped us out :)

@jackdragbean , @frankthedog , @MrYeats , @SubSailer671 , @snivlem , @strat_strummer , @mb doug , @Ace38 , @Davis Sharp (I HOPE I didn't miss anyone!!)

2. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Is it too late - I had stuff for you ? I thought you said we had till after Christmas ?

3. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Though it was going to be early next year when we got started - but they were so eager for this they wanted it sooner. I do have all the parts needed now tho (either on order or already in my posession)

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Great program @IronSchef keep up the great work....

Kenneth Mountain and IronSchef like this.
  5. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    This is awesome! Give a man a guitar and he might play it. Or not.

Teach a man to build guitars and give them a lifelong hobby! Nothing quite like the feeling of a job well done.

6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    If it's acceptable, I'd like to donate this JT Strat that I just bought a couple of weeks ago..It's in excellent condition with new strings..Ready to be played..

7. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    That's good news IronSchef. You know, if everyone consents, it will make a nice article for the local paper.

8. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    That’s a pretty cool sentiment thanks for doing this, stay awesome!

9. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Nut

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    Don't forget that Dec. 7th is Pearl Harbor Day.

10. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Bump!
    for a Dec 7 feel good story.. :D

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice