Guitar show

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by lespaul1968, Apr 11, 2019.

1. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Theres never any shows in my neck of the woods.

squierbilly and SquierTap like this.
  2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Lol... If you do wind up gettin one, you should fully name it "Lucky", lol...

squierbilly likes this.
  3. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-Nut

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    It was lame as could be. I probably could have stayed longer and hounded people coming in but I just wasn't in to that. Dealers didn't have anything

4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Unfortunately, guitar shows are not places to find good deals. Sellers are looking to get max profit and often wind up going home with what they came with.

5. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    There was a show earlier this month in CT. I might go to the one in Freeport NY on the 28th of this month. I've gone twice but never left with anything more than a t-shirt. Some cool stuff to see walking around though.

Eddie likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I think I went to the LI Guitar Show around 1995. I haven't gone since. Do you think it's worth checking out again? $10 admission is a lot of money for this poor math teacher: )

http://www.nyguitarexpo.com/

mb doug likes this.
  7. frankthedog

frankthedog Squier-Meister

May 17, 2010
    SE Ohio
    Guitar shows are fun if you don't have to drive too far to get to them and you don't have great expectations. Any time I have gone to one looking for something specific it hasn't worked out. Then once in a while you find some real treasure, especially if you like lower-end stuff like I do!

squierbilly and mb doug like this.
  8. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    I can’t say Eddie, I’ve only been to it a couple of times and never bought anything. I just like to walk around and see what I can see. Get ideas

9. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    mij jm 001.jpg This is a 93'MIJ jm i bought at the guitar show 2 years ago in Asheville NC. I have learned stay away since then if you are weak and prone to have GAS.

squierbilly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice