Guitar Madness problem !

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by theflow, Sep 1, 2019.

1. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Yes, I've had good luck with Musiclily in the past on parts like tuners and covers but I don't think I've ever tried their HB's ,I think I may have used their Soap bar P-90's once. I hope it works out for you !:)

2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Sorry you are getting the bull from this vendor -- whatever his reasoning might be, it is not acceptable for a seller to treat customers like this.

I am glad you posted this here - personally, I would not ever click "buy it now" for GM anything. There are plenty of other sources for pickups of all types and pricepoints

3. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Thanks @IronSchef

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  4. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Meister

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    Years and years ago I worked a customer service counter at an electronics repair shop. The training said that for every instance of poor customer service, the business will lose 11 customers -- the one who was not served and the ten people he would tell.

I wonder if that number is now larger in these days of internet?

5. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

6. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Before sharpening my pitchfork and lighting a torch, I'd like to see more evidence. A testimonial from a disgruntled customer with a photo stamped "01/01/2005", with no way to examine/evaluate other sides or versions of the story, just isn't enough to get me excited about this.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    Speaking as a customer and 1-person online retailer.

My dealings with Joe are several sucessful purchases and 2 returns. One was a set of Strat pickups that were wound so much that the covers bulged and wouldn't fit through standard cutouts in the pickguard. The other was a set of '57 humbuckers received, but my order was for '59 humbuckers. In both instances he sent me a return label and replaced the items w/o issue.

He sells inexpensive items with good specs from a source with lots of variables. As a seller, he should make good on the implied promise of goods without defects. He's always done that with me.

That said, he may still be a "one man band" with his online operation. As a businesshuman, my experience is that his kind of operation, with his kind of goods, is difficult to scale to the point where it can support another employee.,, given that the point of a business is to earn a living, keep the lights on and the door open, and grow.

I have zero insight into his business. If he's a one-person business, there are a hundred and one business and personal reasons why things might run off the rails, no matter who the person is. I'll take a wait and see approach, on this, and hope that things improve.

8. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    For me it's simple.
    An inquiry always deserves a reply.

9. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Thanks, I just liked them for the quality to price ratio, I appreciate it though !

10. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I don't know if you read any of my other comments but,up until this I never had and issue and I've bought a lot of pick ups from him ,mainly 57's and 59's which have always been great, I think this is the first Tele pup I've gotten from him maybe the second but it is very poor quality compared to the rest. Something is going on but ,I don't know what it is, I do feel that he should have communicated with me no matter what, but it's too late now ,I'm moving on.
    Thanks for commenting though !
    The Flow:)

11. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    100% agree !:)

12. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    LOL ! I have an old digital camera that I have no idea of how to set the date but, I don't think he was even in business in 2005 . Thanks for the support !

13. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    You're a very gracious man. I could learn a lot from you.

14. LutherBurger

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    I'm glad we've solved that mystery. ;)

But seriously... after I posted here I compared your photo and his series of product photos, and didn't see much difference. Neither depicted perfectly smooth rails.

I still won't delve into the customer service/communication issue, though, without more information -- I don't think assumptions or speculation are appropriate when two parties' reputations are potentially at risk.

I do hope you end up with a bridge pickup that suits your needs.

15. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2018
    USA
    Well... I could tell OP that I liked my setup on my ex-tele!

[​IMG]

They were not GMs though...

16. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    FYI The picture on E-bay changed after this whole thing started ,the previous one was perfectly smooth and at least one other member in this thread saw the original.

17. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
  18. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I would say yes, substantially.

19. LutherBurger

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    Sorry -- my mistake. I looked at the wrong photos.

[​IMG]

But the bobbins -- not just the rails -- in your pickup look more like this one.

20. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    No worries ,the other picture is what I ordered from the ugly one wasn't even on there at the time that I'm aware of.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice