Guitar Madness problem !

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by theflow, Sep 1, 2019.

1. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I just had a very disturbing experience with Guitar Madness on E-bay .
    I have bought many items ,mainly pick ups from this seller in the last few years and have had great experiences until today , I bought an Alnico 5 Hot Rail Tele pup from them and it showed up with a terrible finish on the rails so, I politely messaged them asking if I could return it for another better made one ,no answer for 3 days, then I decided to do a return and buy a different type from them, I got approval for the return but, the new order was cancelled and I am blocked from further purchases or even communication with them !
    Have any of you had this type of treatment from them ? I am not only disappointed but a little teed off,am I wrong ? Any opinions ?
    Thanks,
    The Flow
    DSCI1772 (1).JPG

2. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    the guy probably had to sleep on the couch the night before, if you get my drift.

3. pflug

pflug Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    Possible that your communication either on one or both sides is getting screwed up by having to work through the ebay system-

4. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I have used GFS for lots of pickups used in my projects and love their variety and the overall quality of sound and construction.

5. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’m surprised myself, I was able to get info/support from GM on pups I bought locally on CL from someone else... as well as a easy refund/RMA label on a Strat pickguard from him that didn’t fit right (listed for a Fitting a Squier Standard, not even close on the bridge surround, he even changed the listing to reflect this, as he had a few).

I know a while back his eBay store was up and down a lot, and at one point it appeared completely shuttered.

I like the GM pick ups much better than anything I’ve received from GFS. It not the GFS is bad, it’s just that the GM pick ups I’ve got, I REALLY like.

Personally, if I received a pickup like that, I would probably just have polished it up with some Scotch-Brite.

6. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    The metal was never ground smooth prior to plating so there is no polishing that will help.
    I really like their pups too and have given them rave reviews on his site and even written him a personal e-mail on how great their 59's are for blues so,I don't know what his/their malfunction is but it is sad whatever the cause.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  7. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I've tried theirs (GF ) too and while good I feel the GM's are better for my purpose( blues) plus GF shipping is another negative imo.

8. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    It's possible but I doubt it.

9. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    Todd, I've had good luck with GM. I was shipped the wrong bridge, contacted them, and things were corrected. This is the email of the owner joeyhart12@yahoo.com , try him again. Mention that you are a ST member, believe me, he doesn't want to loose any business from this group. He's in NY, worse case, we can always send @Eddie to straighten things out.

10. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I will ! Thank you !

11. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    It came back unable to deliver ,mail box is disabled . Do you have another ?

12. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-holic

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    I've had great luck and communication with them, everyone has an off day, maybe thats what happened. Let's hope anyway.

13. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    That's disappointing to hear. I've ordered a lot of pickups from his ebay store. Fortunately I have not had any issues with anything I received.

14. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    @theflow That is the only email I had for him. If you want, I will try to reach him through ebay for you and forward your email. His feedback on ebay is still good. The GM mailing address is
    Joseph Hart
    167 Mayberry Promenade
    Staten Island, NY 10312
    if you want to return the pickup w/a note.

15. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Wow, this is disappointing. I've been looking forward to getting around to ordering some GM PUPs after hearing such good reports here. Sh*t happens to people, though, and I can only hope that GM will be back in action soon and make good on that item. It could be as simple as going outta town & leaving someone else in charge over Labor Day. It could be someone's serious health crisis, could be some marital thing, or any number of the pitfalls that life as a human being has to offer. Anyway, try not to stress. It may yet be made right...

16. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2018
    USA
    Never had a problem with Joey. He even helps me with wiring diagrams not related to his pups.

17. Deepblankspace

Deepblankspace Squier-Meister

Sep 28, 2018
    Washington state
    I received a bridge that was scratched because of screws in the same package.
    I sent them a message through ebay and never heard back.

I do buy mainly pickups from him now and avoid things with metal finishes.

18. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    He does have 19 negative reviews in the last year but, yes if you want to reach out and tell him an ST member is wondering what is going on after giving him nothing but positive reviews ,that would be great !
    Thank you !
    Todd

19. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Ya, like I said I've bought at least a dozen pick ups and various parts without any problem until now and have even sent him e-mails on how great their 57's and 59's are so , I have no idea why this happened,it's definitely an over reaction for whatever reason ?:confused:

20. Dave M

Dave M Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2017
    Mira Loma, CA
    Something must be going on..... i've message the guy in the past and got a response...real normal convo....but the pic shows a polished surface for sure....You got your money back ? ya might have to wait a little.bad time right now maybe...who knows ?..get someone else to purchase ..I like the pickups..never had problem...lets hope it works out for you !!!! . they do look nice in the pic... http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=282559325714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice