For Sale Gretsch Electromatic Special Jet

Discussion in 'Misc. For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by BorderRadio, Sep 11, 2018.

1. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Hey Squier fam, selling my Electromatic Special Jet, a real sleeper of a guitar that Gretsch should have never discontinued. They might have been smart to do so, because it undercuts all their Pro Line Dynasonic Jets sound wise, IMHO.

I think of it as a LP Special meets Duo Jet, slab mahogany body, mahogany neck. The DeArmond 2000s (NOT 2ks) are worth 200 bucks alone. It’s a great guitar that needs a good home as I have the Dyna sound covered :)

The guitar came to me with SAE steel bushings (which chipped the paint around it) and the stock bridge. It also came with a Bakelite/garolite handmade pickguard which I reshaped and added the Gretsch logo. The original is installed right now. I also added a chrome Gretsch tailpiece, which can be removed to return to the wraparound bridge. I’m throwing in the Faber aluminum wraparound, which I notched for a Bigsby at one point. The bridge is locked down with TonePros studs. There is a noticeable chip on the upper bout, and some minor wear here and there. Full disclosure, the Bigsby made a slight impression on the top from use, but it’s barely visible.

The controls were also modded when I got it, I installed a 500k volume and 250k tone (quality components), with a 50s Les Paul Junior-style wiring. I think this makes it more versatile. The pickups are set-up nice and close to 11 gauge strings—it’s very raunchy, and the controls very interactive. Sounds like a Tele-Jet hybrid.

300 plus shipping, CONUS only, includes the G-plate, TonePros studs, Faber bridge, original bridge, Bakelite pickguard.

0E5A2D90-737F-419D-A341-A2C5385DF07C.jpeg 42BE3BC9-0B57-4CF6-B35F-693C8CCE4AC1.jpeg D22C5185-9C65-4280-9A49-B7AAEE56F64A.jpeg 09CBA142-A8D1-4BF1-829B-AAF521A408A0.jpeg 74FD2F49-8681-458D-A552-97EE090A7071.jpeg

2. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  3. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
  4. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Sweet lookin' axe !

Kenneth Mountain and BorderRadio like this.
  5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Free shipping for the weekend only folks!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  6. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    The only thing that sounds better than a mahogany plank loaded with P-90’s is, a plank loaded with Dynasonics!

7. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
  8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Still up for sale folks, no shipping in PHX or DFW!

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  9. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-Nut

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    I never had the privilege of playing a gretch or a rickenbacher...

10. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Bump’d
    Open to offers as well folks.

11. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    You gotta try a Gretsch, nothing like it. Same said for Rics. This Gretsch is very much the real deal, no generic pickups that require upgrading for that “Great” sound. Note, you can’t get a real Ric for 300 lol, just a real Gretsch :)

wickedtools likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice