Got a package... Thanks Ken!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by SquierTap, Aug 23, 2019.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, fellers... Today I got a package in, and I'm totally STOKED about it! This isn't an official "NGD" post, cause I've still gotta get the neck on, and I'm gonna change the tuners, but...

I'm lucky to be buddies with @Kenneth Mountain, and I saw a couple weeks back that he had came across an odd little guitar for REALLY cheap... He got a HELLUVA deal, lol... And I posted and told him that his post gave me hope... I've been lookin and lookin for a good lil guitar with humbuckers in it for higher gain stuff for well over a year now, but here in Nashville, even cheap no-name guitars are STUPID expensive in pawnshops, CL, etc...
    Well, outta nowhere he offers to give me the guitar for what he had in it... Which was almost nothing,
    lol... I said "sure" and started researching the guitar online...

I had heard of First Act guitars before, but I thought they were strictly big-box store guitars for kids and beginners, but as I started researching, they're actually supposed to be pretty good guitars... I had NO idea that they have HUNDREDS of endorsed artists who LOVE 'em! I LOVE well made inexpensive guitars, and this one definitely has "a look", lol...

So the box came in today, and I'm officially a member of the Kenneth Mountain fan club, lol... This is hands-down the best packing job that I've EVER seen! Lol... You can tell he LOVES guitars, cause NOTHING was gonna get through THIS packing!

The FIRST surprise I got was how immaculate the guitar was... He must've taken it apart and cleaned every square inch of it! It looked a lil dusty in his NGD post, but this dude is clean as a whistle now! And it actually looks really sharp... I know pink flames are not everybody's cup of tea, but I love kinda weird off-beat stuff, lol... And as someone mentioned in the forum, it looks like you could open a beer with the headstock, lol...

Then, I started pokin around in the box, I couldn't believe all the GOODIES and "case candy" that he threw in!

On top of being one of the nicest dudes on this forum, evidently he's psychic too! He threw in a Joyo clip-on tuner and not one, but TWO straps! Literally YESTERDAY I told my wife that I needed to grab a cheap lil tuner and a couple straps off Amazon because I've got TWO guitars that need straps!

On top of that, he even threw in a set of strings! And one last item, which might be my favorite; An awesome "Squier" baseball cap! It's got a big "metal" Squier logo on it... Almost like the "metal" Squier logo they put on the amps... Just really cool, man... I've been wantin a Squier baseball cap and t-shirt for forever...

So, "Hats Off" to one of the best dudes I've ever met... I'm damned lucky to know him and I'm proud to consider him a friend, man...

And just LOOK at this PINK BEAST! Lol... I actually heard that the humbuckers on these are pretty good and hot, so I might even leave these in... At first, I thought about re-finishing it in either glossy or matte black, puttin in a set of red and black "Invader" style pups, and putting a big red racing stripe through the middle and red pinstripes on either side... But... In person I kinda dig the pink flames, lol... Plus, how awesome would it be if someone was like "Aww... Look at this cute lil pink guitar..." And just pick it up and play some CRUSHING metal riff, lol...

Can't wait to replace the tuners, get her together and see what she sounds like!
    I'm entirely too excited about this little "cheap" guitar, y'all! But that's what it's all about ain't it? Good friends and awesome inexpensive guitars...

IMG_20190823_144538909.jpg IMG_20190823_144453507.jpg DSC03588.JPG

Caddy, fendereedo, SoleilSF and 24 others like this.
  2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
    Caddy, SoleilSF, squierbilly and 8 others like this.
  3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

A Moment of silence for the SP-10 who gave it's logo for a cool black cap !

4. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    @Kenneth Mountain is one of the nicest guys I've ever known. He's helped me in so many ways.

It sucks that I'm across the state from Ken, cause I can see myself hanging out with him every day playing guitar if we lived closer. :)

5. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I have that exact logo on my Number one Strat, lol...

7. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    We are ALL Ken Mountain fans on ST! He is the man. HNGD!! Enjoy.

8. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I would leave that paint job just the way it is! Looks great. And those pickups don’t sound bad at all with a lot of gain. I have a First Act buried in the closet with one of those pickups. That might be a winter time project. I want to do the same thing, just make a metal riff monster out of it!

And hats off to Mr. Mountain. He’s a big reason this forum is as cool as it is!

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Awesome hat ;)

Congrats on your new pinky:p:D:p

10. Kenneth Mountain

I've made a few fender hats from donor frontman's

11. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    KenMart slays the competition! KenMart shatters prices!

12. BlueSquirrel

BlueSquirrel Squier-holic

Dec 21, 2018
    Europe
    I totally dig that pink body with flames! You'll have tons of fun with it! Congrats to you and Ken!

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  13. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    :D

Hahahahaha, Awsomeness!

Kenneth Mountain and SquierTap like this.
  14. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I got the neck on "Pinky"... As some of the eagle-eyed folks might've noticed, one of the tuners is "not like the others", lol... I figured it wasn't a big deal, because I had two extra sets of Squier tuners from my S.E. and my Bullet Mustang, but after I looked at it, neither one of 'em fit... The holes are too small, so I've either gotta get some smaller tuners or ream the holes out... I wouldn't even really be worried about changin 'em out, but the one that's different is busted... Looks like someone took an open-back style tuner (maybe off an acoustic) and put it in there "temporarily", lol...
    But other than that, I think this one's gonna turn out great... I strung her up with my trusty .08 gauge Extra Slinkys and it played pretty dang good right outta the box... Because of my left middle finger not being able to bend, lighter gauge strings and low action REALLY help me out... I wound up adjusting the truss rod about a quarter of a turn and it really brought the string height down without a bit of buzzing...

And that little Joyo tuner that Ken threw in came in super handy, too...

No doubt, this one's gonna be a fun one, man...

I'm actually surprised at all the people that dig the quirky paint job like me, lol...

Looks like I'm off to YouTube land to research either smaller tuners or how to ream a tuning peg hole, lol...

And it definitely looks like this is (Ken) Mountain country... You've got a lot if friends and fans around here, hoss... Being a good person takes a helluva lot of hard work, and sometimes it feels like you're the only one "playing by the rules"... But this post serves as proof that even though sometimes we think no one ever notices our efforts, they do... And good people are still out there... And evidently a lot of them are on SquierTalk...

15. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    Yeaa Ken!.. rebadging squiers into marshall's is good business sense.. but repurposing the squier into a line of clothing is genius!.. you need to copyright that.. :D

Cool guitar Squier Tap.. Happy New Humbucker Day!..
    Ken Mart provides an amazing service for squier talkers..
    Glad this Pop Up is part of the community..

SquierTap and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  16. fendereedo

fendereedo Squier-Meister

Aug 12, 2015
    UK
    Wow, really nice story. It's really nice to be on such a great forum with so many cool, and genuine folks.

17. Brocephus

Brocephus Squier-Meister

Jul 3, 2017
    Georgia
    "I love it when a plan comes together".
    Hannibal Smith
    :D

18. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Ken Mountain is a credit to this forum! We are lucky to have him here.

19. Kenneth Mountain

I really just passed on a great deal to someone else - really don't deserve the love you guys are throwing around !

but back at you ! !

mofojar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice