GFS Paisley strat build x 2

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Luvs2yoko, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I decided to pick up two of the new GFS paisley strat bodies to piece together a few Strats with some extra parts I had laying around. They were both paulownia wood,super light and resonant. The only downside to these bodies is they dent and ding very easily. They're just a couple of beaters, so I don't mind the blemishes.The first was a black and gold paisley,I used a gold pick guard with a Dimarzio rail pick up in the bridge, and two GFS noiseless single coils.Gold fender bridge, and what I believe is a neck off a squier standard strat.It came with the fender decal, but the squier name and serial no. Is still on the back.Plays and sounds great.The second is a blue Paisley.It has a HSS pickguard from an American strat with a shawbucker in the bridge. The neck is a protone lefty that I got from forum member Instagval.I tried to use a Wilkenson two post tremolo. After awhile I noticed the posts were pulling forward. I doweled the holes and will use a standard six screw bridge instead.Should have it finished this weekend.Still waiting for strap locks.Other then the soft wood theses bodies were finished perfectly, neck pocket and tremolo routings were actually very good. Seemed better quality than my GFS paisley tele I built last year.

2. rorygman

rorygman Squier-Meister

May 9, 2017
    Barcelona
    That blue "paisley burst" is stunning!

theflow and Treynor like this.
  3. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Yes it is. I think My next build will be a blue tele.

theflow, five teles and wickedtools like this.
  4. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    Wow! They both look great! I've been wanting one of those Paisley bodies since I first saw them.

theflow likes this.
  5. five teles

five teles Squier-Nut

Oct 27, 2014
    shoals alabama
    My sweetheart is wanting to build a blue paisley tele. Thanks for the info! Those look Great and I bet the shawbucker is a great pickup in that guitar!

theflow likes this.
  6. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Sounded great, just would'nt stay in tune. The new bridge should cure that.

7. Dcbowling80

Dcbowling80 Dr. Squier

Aug 26, 2014
    Laplata MD
    I've always loved a paisley guitar, they look awesome.

8. Ghostlyone

Ghostlyone Squier-Nut

Dec 21, 2015
    New Hampshire, USA
    The blue is to die for.