GFS “Pro” series.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by radiotech, Oct 15, 2019.

1. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Well, Guitarfetish has released a new pro series that basically takes the (now clearenced) XV series, and puts quickplug pups in them, and Fender shaped Headstocks.
    https://www.guitarfetish.com/Xaviere-Electric-Guitars_c_116.html

Having had a coupe Slicks, and played a couple XV’s (found the XV’s in pawn shops/CL ads), I can say the quality is always decent (and the bodies very nicely finished), but I’ve yet to have kept one... there hasn’t been that “bang for buck” gong that goes off in my head for keepers.
    Is quickplug, and a Fender shaped headstock worth an extra $30-$60?

At least they didn’t put a plastic or wood plug in the truss rod hole... because that would be blatant bait for scammers to buy & waterslide them (doesn’t mean that some won’t anyways).

They’ve fire-saled the XV series, some are down in the $169 range, so that is something.

I like GFS for parts occasionally (I don’t hate the pickups, but I haven’t loved any either). Even with the new warehouse, and consolidated shipping costs... a small box of parts can cost as much almost as much to ship as a Guitar (shipping a Guitar to Chicago is now $22).
    I still bite for parts sales, but you have to act as soon as you get the email, or the hardware you want will be gone (like an XTrem in the finish you want). I did really like the Squier ‘51 pickguards they offered (over 10 years ago now!).

dbrian66 likes this.
  2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Burnin some Nitro...
    I don't mine the parts from GFS but I've tried and tried to like the pickups but cant seem to connect.

dbrian66 and radiotech like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice