getting rid of them

Discussion in 'The Squier Bass Place' started by gary mitchell, Dec 2, 2019.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    dbrian66, drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  2. Count

Count Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2009
    Australia
    I went over to a multi-effects pedal and then went back to a rack. Found the multi effects was too fiddly and spent all my time cycling through patches when with the rack all I had to do was hit a couple of buttons.

3. mumbo719

mumbo719 Squier Talker

Mar 4, 2017
    Tampa Bay
    I don't use any pedals for worship.

4. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I have made final decision , the pedals are gone as soon as i can, I have decided to go with the TC Electronic M100. I hope to order in a couple of weeks. and i hope in the further to get 2 more. They have a bypass on them so I can set them different, also they are small half rack all most I am going to make a small rack and stain it a walnut color, I will have it tilted up so I can see them and put them on the floor. I have an old peavey pedal with 3 buttons on it. I will re wire it to bypass each one. I live on retirement so it may take me a while to get all 3. I don't want my family to help they bought me a American Tele. So I want to this on my own. I am selling my Boss GEB-7 eq, and the little Danelectro Corn Beef reverb. I listed them on Market place on Facebook, I am keeping the Keeley Bassist may run it first before M100. The are $129.00 new cheaper then some pedals.

tc-electronic-m100-multi-effekt-front-back.jpg

5. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Again... I like the option you pieced together to fit your needs.

Now I remember back in the 80s and 90s when rack units were all the rage. Not really being a pedal guy, @Davis Sharp , this was never an issue.

But when the EHX Oceans-11 reverb came out, it has so many good settings and small print that well... on the floor wouldn’t work for me. I had an old speaker tripod and made a small platform for it. Now it’s at about chest high. I can turn and adjust easily as needed.

My bro who’s been play since the 60s couldn’t figure out why I would do that. Umm “pretend it’s 19” wide and fits in a rack”. Same deal different package.

6. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Ocean 11 has really got my interest up, look on you tube sounds awesome, price not to bad either for what it does, but how does sound on bass.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’ve got a Digitech BP 355 I picked up about a year and a half ago (The link below is actually cheaper than I paid).
    Digitech BP355

There is a learning curve, but it has about every bass effect you would want. Effects are pretty good, as are Amp and Cab emulations, but since I use it into an Ampeg, I mostly turn those off.

though I do have to admit, since getting my Bronco 40 studio (basically a bass version of the mustang GT), I haven’t used the Digitech much.

dbrian66 likes this.
  8. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Sweetwater Music sound man said it would not work well on bass, so that idea is trashed

dbrian66 likes this.