getting rid of all pedals and using M100

Discussion in 'The Squier Bass Place' started by gary mitchell, Nov 24, 2019.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Meister

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I have decided to get rid of all pedals and use aTC Electronic M100, know pedal. I can sit it close enough to me and in-between songs turn the knob. I called TC Electronic and made sure it could be used on bass, they told it could be used on bass, guitar, PA anything about. it also has a Bypass which i like. so what you all think. I like simple. fullsizeoutput_a1e.jpeg

2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

If I wanted all those effects that's the way I'd go. Not necessarily that particular one but it's a good example. Of course if you're on stage and need to make changes on the fly, pedals might be better.

Kenneth Mountain and mb doug like this.
  3. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    That’s why I have a Mustang III, everything in one box.

4. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Nut

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    And only $123 from Amazon. Hmm...

5. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    That is the way to go.

6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Mine was $6 at a local thrift shop. There are often similar effects processors on Reverb and Ebay for a lot less than the new cost.

[​IMG]

7. duzie

duzie Squier-Meister

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    So you can only select the effect combinations preselected on the dial ?
    Seems kind of limited to me.
    What are the benefits of a device like this compared to a multi effects pedal?

8. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Squier-Meister

Sep 6, 2014
    Va
    You can only use one effect at a time?

9. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    The way I play at church, i would put this close to me on a little stand, and reach over and turn the knob, but most of the time when we get a list of our songs we are going to play, I can maybe leave it on one setting. So it would make it easier for me. there are a couple of multi effects in it. i have seen them pretty cheap on Reverb.com. It has a bypass for the money you could buy 2 or 3 cheaper then some pedals. Make a little rack, but one is enough for me.

10. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    i tried out the the tc electronic m-100 on bass, the effects were good, but i had problem with volume, i ran it thru the effects loop and tried just going thru front, i was hoping it would work, my buddy is going to use in his little studio.

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  11. gearobsessed

gearobsessed Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2013
    new zealand
    Anything TC electronic that I've used had been really good.
    For bass, I can't imagine wanting more than one setting at a time in a church setting (I also play at church)
    For guitar I use a multieffects pedal.
    For bass, I would only use light reverb or chorus in certain songs.
    For you though, it would depend on what pedals you use, and if you use more than one at a time.
    Also no tuner? Are you using a clip on tuner or something?

12. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    right now i am using a tc electronic poly tuner, boss geb-7, a keeley bassist, and a cheap danelectro corn beef reverb, the reverb stinks i don't use it hardly at all. when i used to play christian rock i use a rack, 2 alesis midi verbs and a aural exciter. i also used a midi pedal this was in the 90s. i can't afford that now living on retirement. i sold it all. i have been playing in church around 30 years, most of the of time guitar. we needed a bass player and we had a lot of guitar players, so i told them i would. i have been playing bass 11 years now in church. but i do not know much about bass effects, i would not use them at all but some of the songs we play they sound cool on. by the way i am getting rid of everything but the keeley bassist. i find i can use the tone knob on my bass as good as the boss geb-7. all i want now is my tuner my keeley bassist and a good reverb or delay I found one cheap, and its called a caline cp-68, with delay and distortion like 2 pedals. its 4 o'clock in the morning and i am rambling on so excuse me, some people on here don't care about caline pedals i guess. i have never used one. caline-cp-68-distortion-delay-opened.jpg

13. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Rambling about pedals at 4am seems normal to me. But I might be biased as im joining in...

14. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I know you have been dressing up your sound and doing some homework for a while now. I think this is a really nice option given how you will be using it. You're not going to a lot of different venues or moving around on stage. With a set list and you can have your setting notes right with you.. I think this will work just as you like.

TC makes great stuff and in a variety of formats. Keep us updated!

15. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I have a Line 6 POD XT Live that does it all. I use it direct for recording when I have to be quiet. It's nice to have everything in one box sometimes.

16. gearobsessed

gearobsessed Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2013
    new zealand
    I use a zoom g3xn, but it's a little too complicated for me

17. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    I use a Zoom G1 FOUR for all of my effects, but it's quite easy to just go between presets and when you want, you can just make a new preset with the combo of effects that you want.

But, I can feel myself getting tempted by some of the DIY pedal building projects. My DIY tube amp would love a simple full-range boost pedal I think.

gary mitchell likes this.
  18. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    they discontinue the tc electronic m100 i was wanting to use, wasn't out long. makes me wonder why maybe didn't sell well or it was crap

19. gary mitchell

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Sweetwater Music sound man said it would not work well on bass, so that idea is trashed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice