GC - Classic Vibe 50's Tele $259 Now!

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by surf green, Jul 31, 2018.

1. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Some folks like ceramics and trad trems, though. Aren't they subjective improvements?

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I suppose so, but they made those changes due to what online forums and customers were requesting.....more people prefer alnico pickups and a modern more stable 2 point trem.....hence the $50 or so increase in the USA, because it costs more to produce

optofonik likes this.
  3. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    As I see it they are not "improvements" per se, just different specifications, with a certain attraction to people that didn't like the previous batch. People expect some "marketing"...
    Mail goal of renaming and changing it a little is getting the prices up.

4. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Fifty bucks. I thought there was some massive price increase. A fiddy is less than it would cost to switch from ceramic to alnico pups. same with the trem I guess. The Standard's been out for so long the market is pretty much saturated I imagine; seems a good time to move on.

5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I was down in the DC area this weekend. I went to visit the Rockville, MD GC ... there were some nice sales there that made me want to pull out the credit card.

CV Tele for $259
    LTD EC-1000 for $400

But no can do. I'm broke. Too many guitars.

I'm going to bring a few guitars to school in September. :) That should open a few spaces on the rack so I can buy some more.

6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Dude. You have to drop me a line when you c9me down next time.

That Rockville GC used to be a Venemans Music where Paul Reed Smith worked.

7. Ernest78

Ernest78 Squier Talker

Jun 18, 2018
    Malaysia
    I'm really curious about the Fender Player Series but may not be available yet in my country (particularly my town) yet. I've watched a few videos on these FPS; sounds interesting and more or less a step upgrade from the old MIM Standard series. The FPS reminds me of the former American Standard itself; except for the vintage string tree of the MIM Standard and classic series is still retained.