GC - Classic Vibe 50's Tele $259 Now!

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by surf green, Jul 31, 2018.

1. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    I just spotted a CV 50's Butterscotch Tele, excellent cond $259.99 at Guitar Center. Perhaps someone doesn't have one yet.

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    A link would greatly help

3. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Is that the CV Pinecaster?

4. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Meister

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Lol... Dammit! I just lost one at GC for $269 with hard case, bought mine 2 weeks ago for $299... Them's the breaks...

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I'm out of the guitar buying bidness. I need a new lawn mower and snow blower. I can use a new cell phone also. :(

willhowl, VealCutlet and wickedtools like this.
  6. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    o_O Don't nobody need a new snowblower in August.

7. Clarky75

Clarky75 Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    I wish they were that cheap here in Australia

8. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Gotta get it soon before winter hits and prices shoot up. Need to land the summer inventory specials before it gets cold. :)

willhowl and burke like this.
  9. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Since getting my Sawtooth Tele (and my Bigsby build with the Sawtooth neck), I’ve come to the realization the Squier Tele necks across the board are just not chunky enough for me. I’ve only got the two Sawtooth necks (stock Blonde, and Bigsby build), and my MIM Blacktop. All other T-types are sold/being sold.
    Though I am keeping my ‘51 (which is the chunkiest of the Squier T necks I had).

surf green likes this.
  10. surf green

surf green Squier-holic

Jul 15, 2014
    RI
    With the success of the CV 50 line (even at the higher $), you'd think that Squier would finally come out with a "throwback" 50's version Tele with a "D" profile neck, single pickup, Esquire model. The missing pickup would offset the cost of the wider neck. They would be a certain sellout, GC wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.

11. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    I really love that idea, but I think Fender might see it as competition for their higher end guitars.

willhowl likes this.
  12. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I think the Squier CV, VM, and maybe Deluxe lines are competition for the Fender Standard which has to be a bit problematic for Fender. Seems like it's only a matter of time till it will have to be curbed. I'd love to see sales figures for Squier compared to Fender.

willhowl and nicod98 like this.
  13. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Me too... On the other hand I have no idea in what ballpark the profit margin for Fender is, I don't think if they really care if they make X amount of money on a Squier or X amount of money on a Fender.

I think they'd care more if we didn't buy either Fender or Squier, but copy brand YYY.

willhowl and Davis Sharp like this.
  14. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    None of those sound as good as a new geetar!! ;)

Eddie, willhowl and nicod98 like this.
  15. Ernest78

Ernest78 Squier Talker

Jun 18, 2018
    Malaysia
    In Malaysia it cost about RM1.7 eight or ten years back. Now it might be somewhere 200 more. Local online sale even list it at about RM2k which is expensive in Malaysia. By the way, my younger brother has one; quite heavy for me as Im now accustomed to the light CV60s and VM70s strats hihi...

willhowl and Davis Sharp like this.
  16. squierjosh

squierjosh Squier-holic

Apr 9, 2010
    MN
    Fender has already addressed this by upgrading and raising the price on the Fender lines. What was a MIM Standard is now a Fender Player Series. Alnico pickups, 22 frets, bent steel saddles, vintage-correct body radius.

17. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Meister

May 18, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Is the "Player" and improvement over the "Standard"? I only have one Fender, an FSR "Classic Series" so I don't know much about the other MIM models.

18. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    HUGE improvement - 2 point tremolo, alnico pickups.....

squierjosh likes this.