Fuzzy guitar

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by beerbelly, Mar 5, 2020.

1. I'm wonderin' if that would fit a Stratocaster output jack? I dunno … humm. o_O

OutputJack.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

2. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
    I doubt it.

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  3. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
  4. John L Rose

John L Rose Squier-Nut

Mar 16, 2016
    Sackville, NB, Canada
    Huh.
    I suppose it would have been quite the design flaw if it could not be used with one of the most popular models of guitar.
    Clearly they are not as dumb as I thought. :oops:

5. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    No need to be so formal; BB is fine:D

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  6. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    Sheepskin arrived today.

sheepskin.JPG

Viking and mdparent03 like this.
  7. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-Meister

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    The first time I saw the 'Legs' vid decades ago, when they spun them,..in unison,... I almost fell out of my chair

beerbelly likes this.
  8. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    Finally some progress! I ordered some lacquer from amazon a while back, not noticing the delayed shipping due to the virus. UPS brought it today, so I threw on several coats of white lacquer in my "spray booth". The next step is fitting and attaching the sheepskin. If anyone has ideas about attaching a hide to painted wood, I'm all ears!

painted white.JPG

mkgearhead, Shaytan and vinbur like this.
  9. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Nut

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Dang, mate! How have I only found out this thread now?? What a cool-looking project, this seems sweet! Can't wait to see the fur coating the guitar ;)

beerbelly and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  10. jamesgpobog

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    OK, this is going to sound REALLY weird, but during this covid House Arrest, I've been trying to stay busy every day, and as a result, I've been seriously caffeinated, so this is probably a result of the squirrel running a marathon on the wheel....

But, with thought, planning, experimentation, and patience, you could design and create the fur as a ......ready?......'costume' for the guitar. By this I mean it could be fitted and attached in such a way as to be removable. Magnets? Small snaps? Hidden velcro? See, that opens a whole new realm of possibilities once you get the basic foundation worked out. Color changes, Theme changes, obviously doesn't have to be always fur. It also gives you a 'regular' guitar.

Sorry, my brain is 'thinking', and it won't stop. A mind is a terrible thing....

11. jeffh

jeffh Squier Talker

Apr 8, 2020
    San Diego, Ca.
    There is something strangely satisfying about watching that guitar spin. It’s hypnotic.

beerbelly and jamesgpobog like this.
  12. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    Nope, it's getting glued on.

SubSailer671 and jeffh like this.
  13. jamesgpobog

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    Aw gee, think of all the extra work I was making for you....

14. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-Nut

BB, you are friggin' DEDICATED! Great ingenuity! Who looks at a flying V and sees an Explorer in there?!?!? Awesome work! Can't wait to see the finished product. Best build of the Covid era for sure!

MI redneck and beerbelly like this.
  15. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    Glued the sheepskin on the body today, using contact cement. I made a paper tracing of the body and the areas to be cut out, then flipped it over, positioned it on the pelt, and traced around it with a Sharpie. Then I cut out the holes where needed, slathered on the glue, let it get tacky (appropriate!), then set the body on the pelt. Applied my massive bulk to press it in place, then threw a buncha junk on it to weight it down.

paper pattern.JPG traced pattern.JPG cut outs & glue.JPG body applied to sheepskin.JPG weights.JPG

16. We need to let Billy & Dusty know about this project. :D
    Cheers, Barrie.

Forum Guest likes this.
  17. beerbelly

beerbelly Squier-Meister

Jan 30, 2013
    Oregon
    Trimmed the edges, glued & stapled the sides, then mocked it up with the neck. I think I'll need to do a little shearing to bring the overall size down a tad; Billy's looks a little more groomed than mine.

edges trimmed.JPG wrapped body.JPG mock up with neck.JPG

daan, MI redneck, mofojar and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice