Fun Collaboration Project

Discussion in 'Member Guit-togethers' started by Tony L, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Tony L

Tony L Squier Talker

Feb 25, 2013
    Anywhere
    I'm looking for musicians who would try their skill for fun collaboration project. We will compose 3 - 4 minutes instrumental songs and jam together. This is so that musicians from all around the world have a chance to improve and share ideas, get to know each other and perhaps be able to develop a more serious project in the future.

This is one example :

https://soundcloud.com/user-876744236/drifting-apart-feat-takashi-mori

We are not trying to show off skill and whatnot, but rather for improving it. So don't be spooked out nor be negative thinking first.

If you're interested, you can either PM me here or add me on Facebook so we can contact each other more conveniently. However, I have to warn you this is for musicians who show their seriousness to learn and improving skill only, but if, in the middle of the composing and recording process you then think you can't do it or just simply give up, you don't just leave without saying a word.

Here's the link to my Facebook profile, but before adding me, please PM me there explaining you're from Squier Talk and are interested in fun collaboration project so I will approve you friend request.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004639243943

If I had not yet approve your friend request, please wait for it, I'm probably sleeping, shaving, eating, pooping but you will get approved eventually. And if you can't find my profile after following the link, login to your Facebook profile first then try again. Finally, I will be waiting to hear from you. Everyone is welcome as long as you're serious about it. Cheers!

2. Tony L

Tony L Squier Talker

Feb 25, 2013
    Anywhere
    I'm not a serial killer. What is the best way to learn than getting involve in writing and recording music at the same time. I'm actually offering you this and you can do it at the comfort of your bedroom as long as you own even the simplest recording equipment. You don't even have the necessity to take video of your playing and you can quit whenever you want as long as there's a notification and we can still be friends no matter what.

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. Mister Noonan

Mister Noonan Squier-Meister

Jun 28, 2018
    present
    Hey Tony, I saw your post and listened to your Soundcloud - it sounded great. I'm on here mostly to talk about gear and learn from people who know more than I do, but I appreciate you reaching out to folks.

squierbilly, Tony L and dbrian66 like this.
  4. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    Says every serial killer eva!

Seriously Tony. I love the idea. A buddy of mine and I tried it a few years back. It was a bit of miss only because we didn’t have that instantaneous way to feed off each other by working together. Kind of like playing Words with friends vs sitting in a room playing scrabble. If I wasn’t so slammed with stuff and was a little more confident, I would be willing to do it again. I’ve been trying to just record a song by putting the different parts together and I’m about three weeks into it right now because I keep having to stop. When I used to do it, i could get a rough draft of a song with rhythm, lead, drum machine and bass in a few hours. Three weeks later and I’ve got a drum machine on Audacity.

squierbilly, Tony L and dbrian66 like this.
  5. Tony L

Tony L Squier Talker

Feb 25, 2013
    Anywhere
    Thank you very much. I honestly didn't expect to get a compliment. I appreciate it, brother. :)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me. I fully aware of the situation, the same thing happened to me as well. I've been trying to gather musicians for two years now and sadly, most of them gave up half way through finishing the track. Anyway it's not a big deal, I myself almost give up many times before - considering my daily routine, but then somehow, I keep looking for other musicians and keep changing my strategy to better work it out, although I'm not dare saying with flying colors, but I still believe there is a way.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Acidhouse likes this.