First time modding

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by waynes world, Dec 3, 2019.

1. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    2DC68D01-B879-4B31-9913-283DFCFFA0D1.jpeg Picked up an affinity tele and I’m gonna try some Tex mex because I always wanted something with them, and also gonna try the four way switch. This will be my first mod project as all the guitars I’ve bought sound good as is, so does this one but wanna play around so this is the guinea pig.

2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Thus starts the modding bug. It's hard to curtail. I'm always dreaming of different mods to do. :)

Have fun. :)

3. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’d suggest you just do the pickups first, and enjoy them for a while before doing the switch.

4. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I bought one of these brand new last Tuesday and love it! The bridge pickup is great but the neck seems a little quiet. Might change it out for something different but that about it.

5. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Get an RRG harness. Really opens up the voice of the pups. I love them. :)

6. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    You couldn't have chosen a better template to mod. To me that is basically what a Tele is: a mods template, a guinea pig. It's like what a circuit board is for a pedal or a chassis for a tube amp. One crude slab of wood, one neck with a wanabe headstock and metal parts here and there with wires attached to some.

Mod away ...

7. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    good luck w/ the project - Tex Mex are really nice pickups!

You are going to want to be very careful w/ the 4-way switch - it may be too deep for the thinner affinity body/control route. I was working w/ a non-standard thickness body, and did not have enough clearance for the 4-way switch (had to keep the cheap import 3-way)

8. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Nut

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    Good to know, thanks

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  9. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    One could open up the platic cover in the back, or modify it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice