First GAS in ages... Brian May-de me do it.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by radiotech, Aug 18, 2019.

1. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    so1om, squierbilly, theflow and 2 others like this.
  2. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma

This probably won't help things....

mb doug and radiotech like this.
  3. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Hahahaha, THANKS Tony!

theflow likes this.
  4. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

You gotta love the selling points, especially that the neck has almost no defectiveness. I actually laughed out loud when I read that part.

Shaytan, squierbilly, theflow and 3 others like this.
  5. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-holic

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    Nice axe for the money. I wonder what the resale on the used market will be, I honestly like it, the demo guy strummed some chords like l would do in a guitar store.

6. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    18% of the reviews are bad (one or two stars), but some of those are the: “it wasn’t perfect out of the box” reviews, and/or it needed something (most often the vibrato studs are slightly pulled out). That said... it’s only six out of 34 ratings/reviews.

I just sold a bass, and I’ve got three other gits up for sale right now, when they sell, and if these are still available... I may bite.

so1om, theflow and ElRey67 like this.
  7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
  8. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Apparently, it’s the same as the Dillon Bohemian:

squierbilly and theflow like this.
  9. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Me too ! LOl !:p

Triple Jim likes this.
  10. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Firefly isn’t much better with some of their descriptions… Looking at all the IYV guitars, that’s their standard description.

drewcp and Triple Jim like this.
  11. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    man, less than $200 - holy cow!

radiotech likes this.
  12. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what, but the stock has dropped from 12 to 9 left since I posted this earlier :D

Davis Sharp likes this.
  13. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    They are (fortunately for me) now sold out again... o_O

14. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Don't buy Ivy guitars expecting reasonable "resale".......

radiotech likes this.
  15. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    There is always the Harley Benton BM-75 for today's conversion price of $282 new and $259 B stock plus about $34 in shipping. Apparently its buyers gave it 4.9 stars. I imagine it's a better (though more expensive) model than the Ivy but I've always been concerned about ordering through Thomann and getting a refund or compensation if there is a problem. Also one reviewer notes it is wired more like a Strat than like Brian May's Red Special but added the pickups could be rewired.

Oops: I made the post before watching the video. He says it is the same guitar as the Harley Benton. The HB is made in Indonesia. So if is the same guitar I don't quite undestand why Thomann is pricing it so much more than on Amazon.

Btw, I just checked the Ivy inventory. This is an unique Strat I thinK'
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0107B9KSO/?tag=squiertalk-20

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  16. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Now that they’re sold out, I am in no rush… I’m just amazed that 12 guitars disappeared in a week...

I’m kinda surprised at your suggestion Ralph... considering you almost never pay more than bottom dollar for any given guitar, and after that, it’s not perfect… You send it back.
    I’m wondering if anyone here grabbed one?

17. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Thanks for your comment, radiotech. It's good to know many people here don't like my purchasing methods based upon my income, or lack of it. I don't like to disturb you folks but unfortunately I have to squeeze every cent I can out of my purchases. But for some reason it bothers some of you who have more disposable income than I do or have the skills and tools necessary to make adjustments when you get guitars or other gear that is not as advertised.

This is why a few months ago I disappeared from the forum but I thought I would venture back, primarily to offer tips on how to save money, such as my recent post about the 10 percent discount over at eBay. However I just don't need this in my life so you folks, except for a couple trusty friends, won't be hearing or reading my posts every again. It's been nice ... mostly.

If an admin wants to ban me, that's their call.

Again I apologize for bothering you folks with my crazy way of buying and selling gear. Good luck to all ... or most ... of you.

18. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Ivy guitars are manufactured in the Inyen Vina factory in Vietnam. Same factory where Harley Benton and low end ESP guitars are built. I have had several Ivy models. Quality, pickups, build finish are every bit as good as Harley Benton. Actually- superior in some cases.

radiotech likes this.
  19. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Wow... what I said was not intended as an insult in any way.

I was merely commenting that it was not typical advice from you.

I wouldn’t think that this would be a guitar that you would even consider buying, because almost everyone who buys one says they had to do SOME work on it (same with the “other” versions of it).
    Hence my surprise at your comment (again).

I thought maybe you had changed your view on purchasing, and/or repairing guitars, I was looking forward to your response, to see if that was a possibility... in my opinion you took it the wrong way.

Lately... You are here WAY more than me, perhaps I am the one who should leave.

drewcp likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice