FIFA World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Ace38, Jun 14, 2018.

1. TomL

TomL Squier-Nut

It’s funny. The World Cup as ever is broadcast by both BBC and ITV in the U.K.
    ITV unlike BBC have commercials and Volkswagen are the sponsors of their coverage.

So every game there’s the little VW advert, which focuses on a character who is a stereotypical overconfident England fan. And obviously the joke is we’re all laughing at his overconfidence.

In one advert he’s driving his daughter to school in his Volkswagen and she says ‘My teacher says England will only reach the Quarter Finals if their lucky, and he used to play semi pro.’
    ‘Yeah, well he only semi knows what he’s talking about then, doesn’t he?’ Is his reply.

Looks like the joke’s on us!

Davis Sharp likes this.
  2. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    And they’re off 1-0 ENG over CRO 6:03

3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Sorry Englanders. It was a valiant effort and you should look forward to Euro 2020 when this squad has 2 more years experience.

Somehow, England looked like the side that played two extra time matches.

Merv_j likes this.
  4. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    Just took one moment for the England dream to die, I bet Stones is kicking himself still. That being said, nothing to be ashamed of. Now, lets hope Croatia crushes france.

5. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-Nut

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow, Scotland
    One thing for sure, the rest of the U.K. no longer have to listen to that " footballs coming home chant" for at least another 4 years..

Merv_j likes this.
  6. Acidhouse

Acidhouse Squier-holic

Sep 16, 2010
    Birmingham . . . Alabama
    I know that hurts. This was an amazing opportunity for England to get this done.

mechanic1908 likes this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Go Croatia!!

Merv_j and Ace38 like this.