FGD (Finished Guitar Day) Strat SE

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by SquierTap, Mar 13, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
  2. newscaster

newscaster Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2018
    Nevada
    Love the look on that green monster!

3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I've wanted to do that for awhile now... And I REALLY respect what you do as far as the mods, and the demos, and all your guitars... Not blowin smoke, Yeats, but I really look up to ya... Plus, look at how many guitars you own (you've got a dang "rainbow rack" for goodness sake! Lol) and if you listen to 'em, you OBVIOUSLY know what you're doin... And (possibly my favorite part) look at how many SQUIERS you have! If that don't validate these as great "serious" guitars, not just "budget" "student" or "beginner's" instruments...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    So, I just went online and ordered some 250k CTS pots and an orange drop cap... Hopin that maybe that'll change the tone for the better...

I've heard A LOT of you guys say that if you've got a guitar that sounds crappy or "thin" that you should try changin pots and caps BEFORE buyin new pups...

So, they're on the way, so I guess we'll see...

5. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    Thanks for the kind words. A heart needs that once in a while. Pots and caps do make a difference. Before I solder mine, I put a drop of 3in1 oil in the pot and turn it a few times. Gets rid of any scratchiness.

SquierTap likes this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    More than welcome, Yeats... I know you've obviously got your own reasons to do what ya do... But people nowadays have SUCH a "herd" mentality, and people who actually think for themselves are rare...
    I've been a huge Squier fan since 97 anyway, and now it seems more and more people everyday are finding Squiers as "acceptable" and decent instruments... If you're smart enough (and really that means if you're just WILLING to learn a few, simple things), these Squiers can be JUST as good as the MIM Fenders, or even MIAs in some cases...
    And if you're NOT willing to learn just a few simple things, then you can either pay through the nose for a "good" guitar, or pay "your guy" to do your dirty work... Like I said, I literally couldn't change strings when I got here... I learned everything I know from hanging around this forum and seeing that you guys weren't superhumans... You were just regular dudes... Just a lil sharper cause you were willing to learn, lol...
    Like my Ma always quotes;
    "For lack of knowledge my people perish..."

MrYeats likes this.
  7. optofonik

optofonik Squier-holic

I think the faded green looks good. Nice job.

8. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I got a name for ye!

Mr GreenJeans!
    (Like on Cap’n Kangaroo).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice