Fender telecoustic

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by whaynes3, Oct 11, 2018.

1. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-Nut

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    Took this in on some trade deal... it’s an Chinese built 04 and it’s really clean action is a bit high... but very playable..., not sure if it’s a keeper thought... funny thing is right after I got this on letgo some one posted a fender Sonora stratocoustic... with a Hard Rock Cafe decal....

Attached Files:

Taurus, dbrian66, Shaytan and 2 others like this.
  2. mikesr1963

mikesr1963 Squier-Nut

May 6, 2016
    Virginia
    I played a Stratacoustic plugged into an acoustic amp years ago and it sounded great. Always waited for a deal to come along where I felt good about buying one but it never did. Not great unplugged, but really night and day when amped. I thought they got a bad rap because so many harped on the unplugged issue but I never thought it was made to be unplugged anyway. It wasn't trying to compete with ovation, it was its own thing.

3. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I have played primarily acoustics for most of my 60+ years of playing (have 15 acoustics) I tried that and the Stratoacoustic at GC years ago. You are right, absolutely the worst sounding acoustics I have ever played when unplugged. Better when plugged in, but still there a lot of cheaper acoustics that sound a lot better unplugged or plugged in.

Wanted to like them because they look cool, but mainly the unplugged sound just killed it for me. There's a reason these weren't on the market very long.

dbrian66 and radiotech like this.
  4. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I’ve got a Dean Vee acoustic that is miles better in playing, and tone (plugged and unplugged), and can be got for about the same price as the Strat/Telecoustic. Plus, it sits perfectly on your knee to play in the classical position.
    4D8A2C72-C1F8-4003-9007-1F1AF7CB944A.jpeg

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. mdparent03

mdparent03 Squier-holic

May 6, 2013
    Beaumont, CA
    I found a Squier version that I was going to buy at a pawn shop just for the fact that it was Squier. They seem to be way overpriced. I would still like one to save it.
    stratacoustic_alone.jpg

Caddy, radiotech and dbrian66 like this.
  6. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    The Fender and Squier versions are identical, only the name is changed.

Caddy likes this.
  7. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I have both the Squier telecoustic and stratacoustic, they have they're problems but they come with nice necks and great tuners. I see them go for around $100 and cheaper, worth that for the necks. The only difference between the Fender and Squier models was the Fenders had an extra eq band and some had tuners built in. The Squiers even have the same Fender sticker in the sound hole, leading some people to think they are Fenders with a squier neck.

radiotech and mdparent03 like this.