Fender Mustang Series V2?

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by hudsonnh, Mar 8, 2013.

1. hudsonnh

hudsonnh Squier-holic

Anyone play one of the new Mustangs yet?
    I wasn't even aware of them until I got a recent Sweetwater ProGear catalog in the mail.

"The world's best-selling amplifier series is back with new features, a new look and all the flexibility you've come to expect from a Fender® Mustang. The new Fender® Mustang V.2 amplifier series raises the standard for modern guitar versatility and muscle, including five new amp models, five new effects, intelligent pitch shifting and XLR stereo outputs in Mustang models III, IV and V. The new Mustang Series features USB connectivity and Fender® FUSE™ software, letting your musical creativity and imagination run wild."

Looks like the new models are:

- Studio Preamp
    - '57 Twin
    - '60s Thrift
    - British Watts
    - British Colour

I wonder what a 60's Thrift is supposed to be?

2. spanker63

spanker63 Squier-holic

I wish they would just come out with a download for amp models. That would be pretty freakin' cool. The stereo XLR outputs sound like a nice feature.

3. hudsonnh

hudsonnh Squier-holic

XLR outputs - if I'm reading that right, it's only on the new model III, IV and V?

4. spanker63

spanker63 Squier-holic

Thats how I read it as well.

Mustang III v2

[​IMG]

Mustang II v2 (all controls and jacks are on top (closed back))

[​IMG]

5. UncleTed

UncleTed Squier-Meister

Hopefully this means cheaper version ones on the used market.

6. elderdawg

elderdawg Squier Talker

I just picked up a nice Mustang III at a local pawn shop for $129! I thought something must be wrong with it. 7 day return policy. So far, so good. Just wish Fuse would all show up on my 9" Acer netbook. I lose 1/3 of it, and am getting no scroll bars to move to what is missing.Anyone else have problems on small screens? Changing resolution doesn't help.

7. BiggBaddWolf

BiggBaddWolf Squier-holic

I bought the older version a couple months back, I really don't see anything on the updated version that really impresses me!!

8. Twangmeister

Twangmeister Squier-Nut

A V2 Mustang II arrived at the local music store today. Didn't have time to try it out. I think the new tolex-style covering is an improvement in appearance.

"Hopefully this means cheaper version ones on the used market."

Around here used ones are not a good buy. $75 and up for a I, $150 and up for a II and $220 is as cheap as I've seen a III. Compare that to $30 for the Vypyr 15 I picked up for modding last week and $85 for a mint Vypyr 30.

But the Mustangs offer the best combination of value and features in the lower price market.

9. UncleTed

UncleTed Squier-Meister

$30 Vypyr 15, I'd have to get that just to mess with. Probably try to yank it apart and put it in an old wooden crate just for grins.