Fender email reply, 72 thinline wood info

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Squierplayer1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Squierplayer1

Squierplayer1 Squier-Meister

Feb 10, 2019
    so cal
    As i mentioned in another thread the fender site shows the 72 thinline CV tele as maple body but the sunburst is spec'd as poplar on the MF and sweetwater site. NOT however the fender site. Even if you select the burst finish the specs still say soft maple. I have seen fender spec 2 wood types where a model uses different species for different finishes on the same model, but they dropped the ball on this one.

Anyways, i emailed them and tho thier site doesn't show it, i was told the burst IS poplar. This makes it even harder for me to say no to this tele because the one issue i have always had with wide range humbuckers may possibly be less of an issue with one or both of these 2 woods since both should have more snap than alder or even ash. (always found the low strings to sound muddy w/gain) Like i said in that other thread, i played the natural finished one with maple body and that thing had more snap than any fender i have played. Poplar is a wood i never owned but has been said to also have a lot of snap. Anyways, long post just to let you guys know they do use 2 different body woods on the new Indonesian 72 TL tele.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice