Fender acquires Bigsby

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by -r3-, Jan 9, 2019.

1. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    I had to do a Google image search...
    Man, does a Bigsby look wierd mounted on a Stratocaster!!!

I mean, I can understand one on a tele. I can "see" it on just about any other Fender I can imagine. But not a strat ....
    Bet I'll be seeing more - wonder if I'll get used to it?

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28350-fender-acquires-bigsby

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    radiotech, ElRey67 and dbrian66 like this.
  2. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Here you go. It just looks so wrong! s-l1000why.jpg

3. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Squier-Nut

Jan 29, 2017
    ABQ
    It’s about two projects back, but I should finish it this year.

[​IMG]

Worshipcaster, Pat V. and dbrian66 like this.
  4. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    So Epiphone and Gibson will now be forced to buy a component from Fender. Well played.

5. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Yes that's the first thing that went to my little p brain. That gib. Epi. Would have to buy from comp. Yes definitely well played on fenders part

jvin248, Davis Sharp and dbrian66 like this.
  6. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    I'm gonna assume the deal will be sweeter for Gretsch than other guitar makers as far as continued use of Bigsbys is concerned....

Davis Sharp and dbrian66 like this.
  7. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Ughhh! That color combo is dis-gusting! I wouldn't be surprised to see a roll of toilet paper hanging off that vibrato bar!:eek:

8. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Gibson is really against a wall. I’d heard before they’re having to buy ebony for fingerboards from Taylor, not the Bigsbys from Fender. As for the strat, I don’t think it looks that bad personally.

9. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I've never seen a guitar that looks good with one. I think they are the worst looking bridge thing ever made. I know some people love them and that's ok. It's just my opinion.

Afrika61 likes this.
  10. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

There is definitely a place for a Bigsby, but it's not on a Strat.

Caddy likes this.
  11. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Nut

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    The lime green strat w gold Bigsby pic? The one @AngelDeVille posted looks like it has a lotta promise. But I'm WAY more partial to a silver over a gold finish. Particularly combo'd w lime green. But, to each his own, and I think it really comes down to the player, their attitude and how they play it.

RoyalWe likes this.
  12. jvin248

jvin248 Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Put a silver chrome Bigsby on a Black Strat with a Tort pickguard and black pickup covers and knobs. A Maple neck. That will be a thing of beauty.

(I believe the Gretch brand is owned by Fender so they will be ok with their Bigsbys).

Gibson and Epiphone have other type of trem options out there so they just need to start up the Marketing department photography studio and start putting out new images. Get guitars on different player stages. They'll be fine.

13. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    @BorderRadio mentioned this in the other Bigsby-Fender thread. FMIC does not own Gretsch, Fred Jr and Dinah Gretsch do . They have s0me kind of manufacturing/marketing agreement. However, FMIC does own a few other brands.

14. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    I’m skeptical. If FMIC understands how badass this is, though, I’m in. TK Smith’s work.

F4EA1A41-F942-4A69-8420-75DAF9808DBD.jpeg

Pat V. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice