Famous Persons Autograph

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by MrYeats, Apr 16, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I will get pix up in a bit. Let's see or read about your famous person autograph.

I have a JDW Saints and Sinners album with Johnny Winter's autograph, a Dean Markley Blue Steel guitar string paper sleeve with Johnny's hand written address at Blue Sky Records on it, and the ticket stub where I saw him in Portland Oregon in 1983....Later on I got Edgar Winter's autograph on it at a show here in Texas.
    I also have a soccer ball autographed by Sir Rod Stewart from a concert in San Antonio in 2003....Film at 11.

2. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    I have an autographed soundcheck pass from Kevin and Michael Bacon, an autographed pickguard from Ally Venable and an autographed 5x7 of Jessica Biel.

3. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    I won an autographed CD library from .38 Special back in the day. Oh and I forgot, I did some art work for a roast of local NFL player (Joe Washington) and got to meet and get autographs from Barry Switzer, Franco Harris, Doctor J (Julius Erving), Greg Pruitt and a few others that I can’t recall at the moment. Still got the autographed program somewhere. Cool night.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    A co-worker and good friend went to a Roy Orbison show back in the 60s..He got an autographed picture addressed to me as a gift..
    I was never into collecting autographs though..It's been long gone for a long time..
    I as with another friend when he got his Strat autographed by Eric Johnson..He still has it..

5. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I had Zakk Wylde autograph a CD cover outside a small club in Phx around 2000. He was such a nice guy....he was heading towards his bus as I followed him out the back door. One of his crew asked what I wanted and Zakk stopped short, turned around and said “hey brother, how’s your night?” He shook my hand, and pulled me in for a bro hug. I gave him the CD cover, told him me and my son Zack were big fans of Book of Shadows and Pride & Glory. He signed it “from Zakk to Zack. Keep rockin’”
    No pics....and it’s in my sons house in Pa.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  6. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I'm a FAN...
    20180723_232007.jpg

7. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

Music wise off the top of my head, I have CDs autographed by Steve Earle, Buddy Guy, John Hammond and James Cotton.

8. Chubbles

Chubbles Squier-Meister

Mar 6, 2018
    Philadelphia PA
    Adam West and Burt Ward on a color pic of them and the Batmobile: "Good luck ol chum, Adam West". (Burt's was stupid) No music sigs. I met a few, no sigs.

Big tuna, Davey, mb doug and 5 others like this.
  9. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

I have an autographed Gatemouth Brown LP and an autographed Popa Chubby CD. Also a June Foray (voice actress who did Rocky the flying squirrel) autograph. Probably some others I don't remember. June died in 2017 at age 99. I saw her do a live appearance back in the '80s and it was fun and strange to see her do Rocky right there in front of me.

mb doug, MrYeats, squierbilly and 4 others like this.
  10. Ace38

Ace38 Squier-Nut

Jul 19, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    Oh, I forgot my Ace Frehley autographed CD.

mb doug, MrYeats, squierbilly and 4 others like this.
  11. stratman420

stratman420 Squier-Meister

Mar 14, 2019
    Santiago, Chile
    In 2008 at the Mayhem fest, if you bought Sid Wilson (the DJ from Slipknot)'s drum n bass, and jungle music CD, you got to meet him and get it signed, so that was awesome, because Slipknot has always been one of my favorite bands.

At Ozzfest 2005, same scenerio, buy the CD, get to meet them and get it signed, with Mastodon. The drummer was really nice and talkative, all seemed really nice and happy except for the guitarist who has the face tattoos and the signature Orange amp. He must have been having a bad day which contrasts all of the videos on YouTube i've seen of him. He just didn't seem to want to be there talking to people and signing CDs which I guess could be boring and tiring. He cheered up a bit once I guess one of the roadie girls or whatever came with a cooler full of budweiser.

I had a shirt signed by Tony Hawk.

That's all I can remember.

mb doug, MrYeats, squierbilly and 2 others like this.
  12. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I had a shirt signed by Matt Hoffman back in the late 80s but it wasn't anything special then because we hung out.

mb doug, MrYeats, squierbilly and 3 others like this.
  13. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Elvira autograph on a corona hat
    Also Luke Walton autographed a basketball and a BUNCH of rookie cards. That was kinda funny..

Big tuna, Davey, mb doug and 4 others like this.
  14. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

double post

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  15. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Oh man, I would have loved to get her autograph back in the day. She was one hot Mistress of the Dark. I understand that Cassandra has retired the character.

That reminds me... I got an autographed poster from the St. Pauli Girl. There were zillions of those running around though.

Big tuna, mb doug and MrYeats like this.
  16. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    It's weird, but my mom ran into Jim Varney at our local grocery story (He lived in White House, Tn, just like us) and got his autograph for me cause I've been a HUGE Ernest fan since I was really little... Lol, but I don't know if it "counts" cause later on I found out he was actually related to my Dad by marriage, lol...

Music-wise, my favorite would be Jimmy HaHa from Jimmie's Chicken Shack... Saw them at Exit In and they were so cool and laid back... Jimmy even came down in the audience with me and let me sing in the mic! He said he liked my Bob Marley shirt, lol...
    And I've met and got ICP and Twiztid's autograph....
    And on one of the Ozzfests back around 2002, me and my bass player went and it was Disturbed's first major tour... We caught their show and it was awesome... And afterward the guitarist, Dan Donegan actually walked around and hung out with us... He was a really cool guy...

mb doug, MrYeats and squierbilly like this.
  17. vinbur

vinbur Squier-Meister

Sep 30, 2017
    nebraska
    No autographs here. Hung out backstage with Taking Back Sunday and Coheed and Cambria last summer. John Nolan from TBS is married to my cousin. Never thought to get any autographs though. Been around the TBS guys a few times. Hers my youngest with Adam Lazzara. thumbnail_WP_20180806_20_10_53_Pro.jpg

SquierTap, mb doug, MrYeats and 2 others like this.
  18. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Oh yea, Elvira hostess w/ the mostess!!

19. squierbilly

squierbilly Dr. Squier

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    I dont really have any signatures but one time while in a used book store in mesa az. I ran across the hardcover book 50 years of fender.. inside the front cover was Bill Shultz autograph to i dont remember too who.. or what it even said.. i think i took a picture of it but that was a few phones ago.. They wanted like 25.00 For it which i didnt have at the time.
    Though i did end up buying a used soft cover of the same book at a later date..
    That and i accidently ended up with a autograghed CD of HellYeah (drummer Vinnie "RIP" Pauls band) at some music fest in phx.. that was back when
    Chad Gray the lead singer was still pretty normal.. since then he has pretty much gone off the rails..
    Then..

Now..

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    mb doug, MrYeats and ElRey67 like this.
  20. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Not an autograph, but I played darts with Rex from Pantera when I was living in Texas in the early-mid 90's. I did not even know who he was. He put quarters up as I was getting in some dart practice at a small bar in Arlington. We just threw darts, high fives, drank beers, barely talked. This was just a weeknight. I went in the next week, same day of the week, and there he was. We played again. It was then that I noticed he was wearing a black DOWN cap. I figured it out that night. I didn't want him to think I was playing darts with him as some stalker fan. So, I just went on with the casual acquaintance role. "Next week, same time?" "Yeah, sure, dude. See ya then!" I think he felt at ease just being a regular guy.
    Months later, my roommate's new girlfriend, who worked at a night club in upper Dallas, invited us to go to Vinnie Paul's new strip joint as VIP guests. She knew Vinnie from the club. I met him that night, along with none other than Lemmy and Rob Zombie. I had some fun times in Texas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice