Fake Strat?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by TimTheViking, Mar 25, 2020.

1. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Super fake.
    Horn shape and knobs are wrong too

3. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Lol - that guy needs to be taught a lesson ? On HS shape !

4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing is coming...
    Fake as fake can get, I bet I guess this one right...:D

5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Jay Turser maybe? Definitely not Fender. I hate when people do this.

Kenneth Mountain, mb doug and drewcp like this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Too funny. Someone should set up a meeting up time, and ditch him. Just because he's an azz.

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Make him drive as far as possible to meet up and then leave him hanging

8. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    You never know, the guy might not know anything about guitars and actually thinks it is a fender strat. I have seen people do that before. I'm trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Someone should message him and set him straight and then see if the add changes or not.

9. Marko60

Marko60 Squier-Nut

Oct 4, 2012
    England
    Theres also one other idiot out there who will buy that

10. One String Sam

One String Sam Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2015
    The Moon
    I did that once on ebay with a guy selling a Kay Flying V except he described it as having been hand built by a well known English luthier who's name he couldn't recall as a one off custom job and was asking for several times the actual value of the guitar. I pm'd him to point out that it was a Kay with the Kay badge removed and he replied "I do what I gotta do". Same with a guitar group I used to be on on FB, people trying to blatantly rip off people who didn't know a great deal about specifically Squiers and people were trying to sell them let's say for the sake of argument an Affinity as a JV and I'd comment with the actual value of the instrument they'd be selling and not only them but other members would do their nut saying that it wasn't my business and that it was "the game". I don't understand this attitude, maybe that's just me.

11. Marko60

Marko60 Squier-Nut

Oct 4, 2012
    England
    Me too, there was a girl selling a P Bass on ebay, her ad was something like, 'Bass guitar, made in Japan, needs cleaning and a new string'. It was only hours from ending and was up to 95 quid with two bidders. What she actually had was an 82 JV P bass which, yes, did need a clean and a string but that was it, I sent her a message explaining what she had and what it was worth and I told her to end the sale and relist it after a clean up and a new string, she was really thankful and stayed in touch, she eventually sold it for £750

12. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

that's what I was thinking

13. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I sent a message. We'll see what happens

14. SoundDesign

SoundDesign Squier-holic

I'm actually convinced you might be right. Since this so blatantly fake, the seller actually thinking it's real would explain it. I tend to think that if you're trying to deceive someone with a fake, you usually know more than a little bit about the fraud you're trying to pull off. This thing is fake from a mile away.

drewcp likes this.
  15. Marko60

Marko60 Squier-Nut

Oct 4, 2012
    England
    Anybody in Staten Island wanna go round and sort this bozo out? Screenshot_20200329-082922_Chrome.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice