EVH's hearing

Discussion in 'Amp-a-ridifiers' started by Loin Lover, Aug 9, 2018 at 4:13 PM.

1. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier Talker

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    dbrian66 likes this.
  2. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-Nut

Feb 16, 2018
    North Central NC
    Eddie is a pioneering and amazing guitar player. I suspect he started the story. He also says he invented tapping, among other things.

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    In an Smithsonian interview a few years ago, he said he never claimed to invent tapping. He does say that he had never heard anyone do it the way he did.

The tone thing may be real - at least real to him. I heard him, in an interview, talking about putting different types of cloth over the cabinets.

Loin Lover, dbrian66 and Triple Jim like this.
  4. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    Here's his story on the tapping. He also confirms, he never claimed to have invented it (despite the video's title).

5. daan

daan Squier-Nut

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    Considering the sheer amount of NOISE this guy’s been exposed to over his life, the fact that he isn’t completely stone deaf by now is by itself amazing, let alone being able to tell the difference between cabinet woods...

Unit11, squierbilly and Loin Lover like this.
  6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I can believe that..I had an experience one time with a small stone that I was using..
    I was using the battery for power..I had not changed it in quite a while..I noticed one Sat night that it just seemed to sound much better to me..A day or two later I decided to put a new battery in it..It didn't sound as I expected..So I put the old battery back in it..The good sound came back..
    It turned out that 6 to 7 volts worked better than 9 volts..

Unit11 and fadetoz like this.