ever find something you sold, being flipped?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by chimneysweep, Jan 12, 2018.

1. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    came across this item I sold last Nov for $42
    my bad I suppose
    https://www.ebay.com/i/152845900067?chn=ps
    that price though wtf wish I sold it for more! greedy
    funny he used my pics

All good. I bought a rare pedal then turned around flipped it the guy who sold it to me got really pissed off lost his **** & got his teenage minions to gang up on me per se--on another forum. I wasn't offended that's just free market.

2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Meister

Nov 29, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    The internet if filled with flippers flipping fodder flipped by fellow flippers .:p:D:eek:

3. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Yep, bought this Tulip bass (EB-100) a few years back for a song, sandwich neck was beautiful, and truss still worked. Cleaned it, repaired wiring, shielded it (was freaky quite then), new (used)strings/setup. It had a RIC-like tone from the silver-foil pickup), even got it close to intonated with that awful Bridge.
    Played darned good for what it was. Flipped it to a Teisco geek, who once he heard how quiet it was, didn’t blink at my $175 price.
    7394717C-7E5F-4971-96F9-9178B97A86ED.jpeg
    Last year: Sold a Guitar via commission at a used Shop, and while they were writing my check... I took a look at the new stock, and what’s on the wall of the Shop? That same bass (I had a note in my phone with the S/N on it)!
    They had it listed for $220, so I figured they paid him around a Franklin for it.

I asked (knowing the answer) if the Teisco guy sold it to them, they affirmed, and with a bunch of other similar vintage gear as well.
    I laughed, because he tells me: “You gotta play that thing, it’s the quietest Teisco bass ever!”
    :D

4. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I traded my Michael Kelly for an Epiphone, and then it came up on the list about two months later.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  5. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    I've never seen my stuff, but I have flipped plenty of other people's stuff. Just recently I bought an SE Strat for $60. Cleaned it up, restrung it and sold it about two weeks later for $120. Got love when it works out that way. It's the only way I can afford my guitar addiction! :)

6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    @radiotech always has his eyes and ears peeled for me and scored a Fender Frontman 25r for me in black. Around the time he heard I loved my 212r and I was gassing for a 25r in Texas red. So the 25r he happened into was a black one, but the price was right and picked it up (I even got to meet that character... :D ).

Not long after I got the black one, I found a mint 25r in red and I sold the black one even up for what I bought the red one and only paid for the red one what I paid for the black one.

THIRD BASS!

'm sure @radiotech saw the black one back on the trades.

Pat V., Wizzer, jackdragbean and 3 others like this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    You sold an MIJ P bass for $42?

Kenneth Mountain and mdparent03 like this.
  8. MrSinister

MrSinister Squier-Meister

Sep 24, 2017
    Earth
    I sold a '96 MIJ lefty Mustang around 10 years back for around $500, and about a year later I saw it for sale on Ebay for $750. It sold to someone in Europe. Did I want it back? Nope... I hated those dang pick-up switches that would dig into my forearm.

9. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    CA
    no no just the pickup

10. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Meister

Nov 29, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    Come on Lonn ,tell us a flipper story !

I bet you got quite a few :p:D:eek:

11. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I've purchased, played, and flipped. Most of the time I've made out a bit. Sometimes I come out even. But at least I get to play for free.

But now I have an NC addiction, and I'm not flipping any of these because they're so hard to find. Not pricie ... but worth more to me than the price tag.

Kenneth Mountain and dbrian66 like this.
  12. -r3-

-r3- Squier-Meister

Jan 28, 2016
    Damn. This is really dissuading me from even getting my feet wet w moving gear I've acquired!

13. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    If you don't have the "killer instinct" stay out of the flipping game ! I have a bunch of stories like the ones in this post - you try and be a nice guy and people take advantage ?

Robb and jackdragbean like this.
  14. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-Meister

Nov 29, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    Why ?

15. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    I had an LP Goldtop that “walked off” and I saw it on FB marketplace. How did I know it was mine? It had the same ding in the same place. Can’t really prove it, but I know it was the same one.

16. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    did you follow up ?

17. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Meister

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    I messaged the “seller” to ask some questions but they responded that it was sold. I asked very politely what the selling price was but they chose not to answer that question.

I’ve since gotten another one, not a goldtop, but one that I like anyway.

18. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    my apologies I never had one stolen

Photobug57 likes this.
  19. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    ... and the award for First ST understatement of the year goes to...

;)