Epi LP Jr @GC

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by daan, Apr 17, 2019.

1. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I had one of these, probably 10 years ago. (Mine got modded into a “special” with a neck pickup, though)
    Anyway I’ve been looking for another, these are VERY nice, well -built guitars. Solid mahogany with set-in neck, high quality hardware (other than the stupid P-100 humbucking pickup) This is in no way like those $99 plywood bolt-on ones you see everywhere (I’ve had four of those, so I know) This one is MINT (hence the top price) but I’ve been looking for another one of these since I sold my last one, and the price is just gonna go up. I played a real Gibson one while I had mine the first time, and other than the pickup and the headstock shape, (and the Epi was glossier) they both felt just as nice as each other. Well , the Gibbo cost four times as much...
    I’d buy this, but they don’t want any of my crappy guitars in trade, and I don’t have the cash right now. But I’m thinking about it!

4353692D-6293-43F9-A556-3AE2355F5D5F.jpeg ECF87C43-FB3C-433B-8CB7-565D6B0DC2FE.jpeg E28239C8-5D0B-4F7D-8927-8B8A7F4D014F.jpeg

wildelectric, surf green and Robb like this.
  2. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I should add this is in Maplewood/Woodbury MN. But it’s online, too.

SquierTap likes this.
  3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Man, how times change... I remember bein a kid in the mid to late 90's (born in '81) and OBSESSING over guitar catalogs from Musician's Friend, and back in those days, Squiers and Epiphones were never more than say, $299... Now the Gibson's and Fenders are even more ridiculous and I regularly see Squiers and Epis for $399, $499, and even 6 and 7 hundred dollars for some of the nicer Epis...

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful guitar and I bet it sounds awesome with that dog-ear, but dang, why do even the "discount" brands gotta cost so much these days?!? Lol...

4. Michael7

Michael7 Squier-holic

No comparison, even with the extra $30 you'd pay to have the Gibson shipped.

5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I was just in there a couple days ago cancelling a layaway. Good thing I didn't look around or I would have been tempted to just transfer the layaway funds over to that.

6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    squierbilly and daan like this.
  7. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Hey, I'm from Maplewood! Grew up under the shadow of the 3M main office building. Two blocks from it to the north. Dad worked in Central Research for 45 years.

drewcp and daan like this.
  8. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I'm in Woodbury often. That Guitar Center is technically in Oakdale. For those super familiar with the area, that's not a big deal, but if someone was going to drive through from out of state, etc. for it, I thought it might help to know the actual city.

daan likes this.
  9. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    Pretty sure that Gibson is one of the ones with a thinner body.

10. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Maplewood on one side of Century Ave (Geneva) and Oakdale on the other. I went to Tartan HS on Greenway in Oakdale.

daan likes this.
  11. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I drive past there every day, you think by now I would keep my St Paul suburbs straight... :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice