ebay no logo no serial number squier?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by barrybazzer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. barrybazzer

barrybazzer New Member

Jan 9, 2019
    uk
    Purchased off ebay a strat copy, as it had no headstock logo or serial number and the guy was flogging with it a ibanez roadstar 2 case. I thought it was worth a punt. It got my interest. Side note: he was told by the guy he bought it off it was an Ibanez ffs.

Got it today. Its a nice guitar. I was on strat forum and someone suggested its a low end affinity. The guitar has a good weight, plays pretty well considering its low end. Needs a bit of work on it, volume pot, tuners.

I am puzzled why no logo or serial number. The headstock is tiďy with no obvious sign of removal of logo. Thinking of modding it up.

Any thoughts on it?

Attached Files:

2. jskeen

jskeen Squier-holic

Feb 9, 2016
    Texas
    Thoughts only, no warranty :) Probably a fairly recent bullet or older affinity. The two critical measurements for either of those models are the width of the nut and the thickness of the body. A bullet often has a full 42mm nut but a body thinner than the standard 1.75 inch. An affinity usually has a narrower 40mm nut along with the thinner body usually around 1.5 inches give or take a bit.

The electronics and hardware are pretty much equal between the two. The newer affiinities usually have the larger CBS era headstock profile, and very new bullets and affinities sometimes have a plastic lined truss rod adjustment hole.

In any case, give it a nice clean and setup, and play it for a while to see what you like and don't like. Once you get a better idea what you would like to improve, you can target your upgrades for max enjoyment.....

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    Only really crappy guitarist sand off logos Because they know Squiers are only for beginners and they don’t want to look like that. It’s Just to embarrassing

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. aoresteen

aoresteen Squier-Nut

Oct 31, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    I wonder why Jack still has his logo on..... :)

dbrian66 likes this.