Duo Sonic wiring

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by Sjtanona, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sjtanona

Sjtanona Squier-Meister

Mar 29, 2018
    Michigan USA
    Does anyone have a diagram or a solid pic of the HS wiring? Want to redo my Bullet with that setup, with push pull for the humbucker. Or, if you have mods you've done, lets see! I like the tone of it now, but looking for a little more versatility in it. Thanks!!

2. jvin248

jvin248 Squier-Meister

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

If you consider your HS as three separate coils you can wire it like an SSS Strat 5-way. And if you do that you can put an Armstrong Blender on it (stacked dual concentric tone knob) so you can blend between SSS and HSH. This is what I put on my player Strats.

Or do the push/pull coil split and a 4-way Tele blade switch for an extra series option that with HS you'd have three coils in series if you wanted, a parallel option, and single neck or bridge.

A 3-way blade for n, n+b, b selection and then have a small 3-way on/on/on toggle you can wire the humbucker to output parallel/single/series.

Or you could even do like I did with my Tele and install a 4-way to handle both bobbins of the bridge pickup and have no neck pickup. I lowered the pickup and raised the screw poles for more tonal separation. The switch gives n, parallel, b, series. I can fake a real neck pickup by using the n position and turning the tone knob down. Has there been an Esquire Duo-Sonic? That might be kind of cool even if done for a short term experiment.

3. Sjtanona

Sjtanona Squier-Meister

Mar 29, 2018
    Michigan USA
    I sorry want to stick with how the Duo Sonic is setup, so that'd be my preference. Just need to apply it to the Mustang. I don't know how to wire a push pull pot. Thanks a bunch though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice