Does Squier make a single bound Tele?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by mitch_cumsteen, Aug 22, 2019.

1. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    dbrian66 likes this.
  2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    The paint isn’t right for a Squier either. At least, I don’t ever recall that kind of sunburst with out the grain showing.

dbrian66 and mitch_cumsteen like this.
  3. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
  4. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    Didn't see the fine...errrhhh...not so fine print.

dbrian66 likes this.
  5. nicod98

nicod98 Squier-Nut

Jul 9, 2014
    Belgium
    Just looking at it, it was literally screaming: "I AM NOT A SQUIER, BUT A CHEAP FAKE"....
    The contour difference of the pickguard and the body are so far off, as is the alignment of the string ferrules, let's call it the "thin"-ness of the body (if I calculated correctly from inches to mm), and definitely the overall look.

Some of these aspects are properties of some Squiers (body thickness, and - especially on older ones - a not so perfect string ferrule alignment), but the body shape is never that far of on a Squier.

You can say so much about the overall look. Sometimes it's hard to define why it feels "wrong".
    It's like a maple quilted body I saw recently. On pictures it looked OK, and even nice. In real life, you could not deny the fact that it was definitely just a very bad print that was overpainted. To be honest, it was never called maple, nor was it called quilted, but that was the look they were going for.

mitch_cumsteen, drewcp and dbrian66 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice