Does it really matter these days what country a Fender guitar is made in?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by spoonbill fish, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    My Epiphone Les Paul Standard (2017 model with a Rosewood fingerboard) is made in China I think and it’s fantastic. It’s level is really wayyyyyyy above mine. It’s so cheap for what it is, cost me £309 about 8 months ago and I would bet that it’s better than a Gibson.

I’ve never played a Gibson but at their price it’s stupid. I also don’t think you could get a better Les Paul than mine :D it’s so well made and brilliant

My Mexican Strat, that’s my best guitar. Not because of the logo but cos of the guitar itself and how it suits me and my personal style. I can also vouch for the CV Custom Tele and the Squier Deluxe Strat (don’t know where they’re made in) but can’t deny that my Mexican Strat is my favourite of the Fender/Squier type I’ve tried. Saying that I wish I had the money to buy a CVC Tele. Which country guitars is my favourite? I don’t know I’m just enjoying the ride :D:D

surfrodguitar likes this.
  2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I think guitars are like any other product made in factories .

Some can be very nice and some not so much.

QC is very important to the product in a "that will be fine " world.

I like the partscaster approach to a great guitar :)

Davey and johnnywizzo like this.
  3. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Let's not forget the bottom-of-the-barrel Strats, those no-name guitars made in China that sell for $49. I bought a couple last year just to try out, and I like them. The finish is very good, and the necks are beefy. The downside is the hardware, cheap pickups and switches and pots. But these can be upgraded, and the result is a good guitar. I especially like the 21 fret necks and the old-school tone controls (none on the bridge pickup) and rosewood fretboards. I probably play mine more than my USA Fenders. Are they better? No, but I like them that much. 005.JPG

spoonbill fish and Afrika61 like this.
  4. spoonbill fish

spoonbill fish Squier-Meister

Oct 6, 2018
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Those guitars now are not bad sounding guitars either. It's hard to believe but them guitars cost about 10 bucks or less to make.

johnnywizzo likes this.
  5. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Nut

You really have to sit down and play an instrument before you start to generalize about a brand. Any brand, any country of origin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice