Does anyone play only short-scale guitars?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by optofonik, Feb 26, 2019.

1. optofonik

optofonik Squier-Nut

May 18, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    If so, I'm wondering why.

Kenneth Mountain and RoyalWe like this.
  2. rbh32

rbh32 Squier-Meister

Feb 12, 2018
    Valley, AL
    I do. I have the 20.7 scale Duo Sonic and an Affinity Strat with a Strat Mini neck (20.5) And I’ve got another Mini neck waiting to build another. It’s because I’ve got small hands and short fingers, and short scale is just more comfortable and easier to play for me.

3. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Bends are much easier and fretboard is usually flatter and wider on short scales. They also rarely have thin single coils, which I'm not a fan of.

I have five 24.75" scales. Three with P90, two with humbuckers.
    One 25" with P90
    One 25.5" with single coils.

4. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Not only, but mainly. My two top played guitars are my CV Duo Sonic (24”) and my Peavey Patriot (24.75”). It just feels more comfortable to me. Also, I use flatwounds on the duo sonic and the shorter scale keeps the string tension down so I can still do decent bends.

5. Smith357

Smith357 Squier-Meister

Apr 30, 2017
    ohio
    I play only short scale Basses.
    Why??
    Why not, 34 inch scales are dime a dozen, I like to stand apart from the crowd.

RoyalWe, optofonik and Afrika61 like this.
  6. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I have 2 Mustangs (24" scale), that are my main players. I didn't pick them for the scale, but because they had the sound I liked. I don't notice much difference.

RoyalWe, optofonik and Caddy like this.
  7. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    My first guitar was a silvertone 1478 and was a short scale and I didnt even know it till they came out with the reissue one. I wanted to buy it but when I played it, there just wasnt that feel there. I thought it would bring back some memories but it didnt. :(

8. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Dude... I ALMOST asked of you were usin flatwounds on that latest "RiffRaff" video you did! Lol... I guess you weren't, but I didn't know the Pat was a short-scale! Ahhh... Enlightenment! Lol...

RoyalWe likes this.
  9. fuelish

fuelish Squier-Nut

I play what I own …. one short scale 24", the rest regular Gibson/Fender spacing.... scale length means nothing to me, as far as playability, realistically

Caddy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice