Do spare necks give you guitar building gas ?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by fattboyzz, Oct 28, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    I’ve got an SE neck waiting for a black swimming pool routed body, P-90s, and a tortoise shell pickguard. Some day, after other projects are completed.

2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I don't know how I missed this , lmao!!

YES!! -- a spare neck DOES give me GAS to build!!

I ended up braking up a partscaster to trade the body/electronics -- figuring I could sell off the Mustang Neck, NP!

Well, after a week or so of no takers (at a REALLY reasonable price), I started thinking about plan B ... that Squier VM Mustang neck became "STEMI", my most recent "fave" (have not been able to put her down since I completed her!!)
    IMG_2718.jpeg

3. Guitfiddlist

Guitfiddlist Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2019
    ‘Merka
    My problem is I accumulate more parts than I have time to build!! And I still buy more crap! :rolleyes:

4. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Meister

I just packed all my extra necks to ready them for transport to the storage facility. At this point, I won't be doing any building until I'm in the new digs, which we are still in the process of looking for. We may end up in a temporary rental situation for up to a year. And of course I find a maple strat neck for sale and am biting my tongue to not buy it for a future build. 4 spare necks is enough ... or is it?

5. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Good luck with the move.We just settled in after a two year temporary rental.You can never have enough good necks.

6. otisblove

otisblove Squier-Nut

Aug 19, 2016
    Chicago
  7. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Yes. I can't keep a good neck on hand. I have to use it on something.

8. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I still have the neck from the opening post . Frets are now level and dbrian66 sent me a neckplate .

I've just got to make up my mind ;)

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  9. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    The tele I sold to @surfrodguitar started off being a home made galvanized steel tele bridge plate...

DSCN4303.JPG

And even led to a video demo

fattboyzz and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    Two of my Telecasters have a body from Nomoonlaser. That will be a nice build. I have a Cedar Tele and the Alder Butterscotch.
    MVIMG_20191213_233553.jpg MVIMG_20191213_233601.jpg

11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

I hope so - it went to @surf green I hope he makes a nice one out of it ! He sent me a green cedar body that is my #3 - I was playing it last night at practice ! No moon loves making bodies - cause cash don't seem to matter ! He's giving them away almost !

surf green likes this.
  12. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    My cousin buys allot of bodies from him. They really are great quality. I like the new alder one allot. The cedar purple one is just amazing too. Tone knots and all.
    I was chatting with him about my new one because I didn't think he did any alder ones but he said the butterscotch is alder and he had been doing a few alder bodies.

Kenneth Mountain and fattboyzz like this.
  13. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I’ve built guitars around a pickup before. I don’t need much motivation for a build. :cool:

14. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    IA
    I have a spare set of strings here. Ernie Ball 10s.. I could build something for them.

15. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I've got 2 pair so you better not be bluffing ...lol

16. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Squier-holic

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    If I use that reasoning I’ve got 13 sets of strings waiting for a build. :p

fadetoz and Luvs2yoko like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice